• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help me decide which Carbides

HydrogenCyanide

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha RS Nytro
2006 Yamaha Apex
I have a new to me 2006 apex. It suffers from some darting but overall is not terrible. I think I have narrowed down my choices to two.

Studboy Deuce Wear Bar's 6 inch- These are $200 canadian before tax.

Bergstrom Triple Points 6 inch- These are $250 canadian including shipping but comes with shims for the ski's as well.

I've read good things about both options. Which way would you go? I have a studded track and would consider myself moderate in terms of aggressiveness and typically ride groomed trails.

Thanks for your help

I've tried almost every type of carbide. I would personally stay away from a dual carbide if you like to carry speed into a corner. Bergstrom Triples are great but for that money I would do the Snowtrackers.
Don't bother with the semi aggressive just get the aggressive. They don't dart, feels like you have power steering, will hold on in the hard pack trail corners and they are Canadian.

I've tried many combo's on my Apex's & all worked with proper set up & some needed more parts to work.
Dually's worked well until aggressive cornering on hard pack. They didn't dart, but just couldn't grab at speed.
Triple points were the best single runner i tried for turning, but darted the MOST.
I ran 5.7's, 13mm sway bar and countless ski combo's.
The SnowTrackers only needed set up.
Although they are over $250, my old Apex has them with over 15,000 miles on them.
They can be a PITA to put on trailers. They grab & rip everything.
You MUST get the ski's close to parallel & remove ski pressure, but each sled & rider will vary

Bergstrom triple points is the best set up,

Not even close to snow trackers..
I have a set of snow trackers for sale, because I went back to the Bergstroms for better handling and no darting.

Well you guys kinda helped me. ;)

I also have a 2006 RS Nytro so I’ve ordered a set of snow trackers for nytro and bergstroms for apex. They are the same ski’s and therefore interchangeable. I’ll see which I like better and report back.

I wanted more front end bite and used shaper bars. Setup was excellent. Slight darting when letting off throttle.
I was happy.

I'm too cheap for snowtrackers although I do want to try them someday. Like many I went aftermarket ski with the slydogs and been all over the map on carbides. Bergstrom with shims, slim jim (all bent in less then a season), dual's, and regular singles. My set up of choice right NOW (it will probably change lol) is a single sno stuff carbide on the clutch side and a sno stuff dual on the mag side ski. It pushes to the right (off the trail not into traffic) but corners hard on the left with zero darting or shims. I suppose I will get annoyed with the push to the right someday but I use a lot of brake and then I get them to bite hard and still corner faster then anyone I ride with. Also I ride like I am being chased by the po po or something, nothing lazy so this works for that, note sure if it steers hard, I have never had a issue with that 'feeling'. I think the snowtrackers on stock skis would be what I will do on the sidewinder when I finally get some miles on it (looks like it will run this year!)

Good choice to get both and swap them around! Really easy to tell what works best when swapping on same trails same day!

I was a B-triples lover-they are good- until I tried aggressive Snow trackers, they are just amazing, just added them to my Vector with Curves and they made it totally stop DARTING, now both the Apex and Vector have trackers and love them.

Back