• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help Me Identify This Turbo System and Have Some Q's

burg226

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Arctic Cat 9000RR
So here's the scoop... I'm in southern Ontario and this Turbo Nytro I'm interested in is in Manitoba. Sleds in Ontario are like gold. People want ridiculous money for all sleds and especially turbos, hence why I'm looking out of province.

I've talked to the owner and we have negotiated a price and I have gathered some details. The sled is turn key he says but he has only owned it since January, put 500km on it and states "it's just not for him". The real concerning part other than me buying it based on pictures and video is he doesn't know who made or installed the turbo kit and doesn't know the history of the machine.

So anyways this is what I know...

- 2009 Nytro MTX converted to an XTX by previous owner
- Originally from Alberta, now in Manitoba
- 4200km
- 270hp rear mounted turbo system, shimmed (Garrett turbo, unknown make or model)
- Owner says it runs at 12lbs boost on its lowest setting in Manitoba, AFM gauge reading 11 approx. Boost dial on tunnel near intake. Owner never turned up the boost.
- Comes with lots of nice add on's including Clear trail tank, tuner skis, remote reservoir shocks, newer studded track, venting, AFM and Boost gauges and a ZIC Fuel Controller.

So having said this, can anyone identify who's kit this is? He thinks it's a MCX but I'm pretty sure MCX only uses Mitsubishi turbos. Are there any red flags you see here based on the information and pictures? Does anybody know this sled or the history?

First time turbo buyer here, looking for a second sled to have a little more fun with. Always wanted a Nytro and I am obsessed with getting into the turbo game.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• $_59.JPG
    $_59.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 198
  • $_59 (1).JPG
    $_59 (1).JPG
    108 KB · Views: 195
  • $_59 (2).JPG
    $_59 (2).JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 192
  • $_59 (3).JPG
    $_59 (3).JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 175
  • $_59 (4).JPG
    $_59 (4).JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 181
  • $_59 (5).JPG
    $_59 (5).JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 183
  • $_59 (6).JPG
    $_59 (6).JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 171
  • $_59 (7).JPG
    $_59 (7).JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 173
  • $_59 (8).JPG
    $_59 (8).JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 175
  • $_59 (9).JPG
    $_59 (9).JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 187

Pretty sure it’s a powder lites turbo kit. I have the same one. For what it’s worth mine has been bullet proof. You will have a manual boost control at back near air intake. I have a different fuel controller but that one should be fine.

That XIC fuel kit is a real nice kit, its stand alone and uses the stock ECU until it see's boost then kicks in. Anyone who would go through the effort to add that probably knew what they were doing. You can have the owner check the tag on the turbo near the oil drain and get the numbers off of that and it will tell you what Garrett turbo it is. I'm a little amazed at all the money in it and the guy can't bring it into a garage and clean it up a little before the pictures? Makes me think the first owner was probably solid and this guy had no idea what he was getting into, probably hasn't done a few maint things either. I would expect if you bought it I would bring it in and start tearing it apart and looking at the chain case, oil color, wiring for wear points, etc. Hopefully the motor is solid yet.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Yes I can see in the one picture the boost control knob near the air intake. The reason the sled was left in the back of his truck in the rain was because the fuel pump failed on his last ride and he had no way to easily get it out of his truck until he replaced it. The pump has been replaced now and it's back up and running. I beleive it's back indoors now and that he will be taking some more pics of it for me shortly.

Another question... if it is a PowderLites kit, do they still offer support and parts for this kit? Looking at there website and it doesn't make any mention of the Nytro.

Also, do the 270 rear mount PowderLites kits have a lot of noticeable lag? Are they strictly gas and go (91 octane)?

Pretty sure I'll be required to make a few changes to the boost/clutching to make it run at zero elevation here in southern Ontario. Or maybe it will compensate the boost automatically and only require some clutch weight adjustments?

Back