• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help needed quick ASAP - Oil Change, now or wait?

RX-Dave

Expert
I am leaving on Wed. afternoon for a 4 day sled trip to the UP. I have 225 miles on my RX-1. I will roll over the 500 mile mark while we are gone, it wouldnt suprise me if we are at 700 miles when I get back. I have everything here to do an oil change, should I do it now, or wait till I get back? Help needed ASAP as we are loading up tonight and leaving at 3pm tomorrow.

Personally I would do it now as long as you aren't going to 100% synthetic. I did the same thing last year with my Warrior. Only I did go synthetic.

I believe that is a semi-synthetic. No matter, it would simply slow the complete break in a little if you went with 100%.

I am in same situation and dealer told me to wait until between 700-1000 miles, that I shouldn't change it at 500 miles, who knows.

I have an 2001 Yamaha Wolverine Quad and cut open the first filter just to see what was trapped. I couldn't believe how many pieces of silicon type permatex stuff was in there :shock:

my dealer recommended once a season. i went 750 last season then got it changed. im at almost 1300 now and will ask them if i need to change it soon or not

I did mine at 300 miles for peace of mind. Watch it when you take out the cranckcase oil drain plug its in there like glue! If you have a allan socket that would be the best way to loosen it. Get under the sled so you can see what your doing.

muzzy.......................thanks for the advice, however i think i'll let my dealer do that, for the $30 they charge it's worth it.....................

Change it !................There is a lot of break in friction during the first 200 miles , rings breaking in and so forth ............I did my first oil change before 100 miles.............

Back