• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help Please 03 Rx1 No Power!!!!!

fasted

After 6000 rpm it feels like its running on 2 or 3 cyl. It will only rev to maybe 8000rpm. This is what I have tried.
New Plugs
Compression 180 +/- 3 psi all 4 cyl,
Cleaned Carbs twice
Swapped all 4 coils with another sled
Checked TPS
Bypassed fuel pumps and Tank with an aux, Tank when I sync, carbs
Check Clutching all good (even ran without belt not smart just getting desperate)
Can turn Track by hand also (nothing binding)
Disconnected TORS

This thing falls right on its face when you give it more than 1/2 Throttle. It idles great and start great But I'm lost Need help!!!!!!!!

Dumb question but do you have a mouse issue? , I had something similar and there was a monster nest in exhaust, idles great would put around fine but fell on its face and almost died when I tried to rev up, just a thought , best of luck

cv slide sticking or broken coil?

fuel fiters bad?

cv slide sticking? explain maim please. I swapped out all 4 coils no difference and bypassed the fuel tank and fuel pumps no difference.

the black caps on the top of the carbs are for the vacum operated carb slides. there are springs in there to hold them in the down position.

could also be a vac leak from one of the caps or O-rings at that rpm. if you have acess to another carb rack, try it and see if your problem goes away.

Check under the tool box in front for the cable running over the frame for rubbing through. If that is not the problem use some zip ties there to prevent it from happening in the future. Next switch out the CDI from a sled without this problem. If that is not it I would clean the carbs again making double sure all the jets are in the right places. Some peeps have got the main jets and power jets mixed up.

thanks for input . I don't have access to a carb rack or cdi unless a cdi off a 06 apex will work. I will have to check.i will look under tool kit box for any wires bad and take apart tops of carbs and look for any issues. the switching jet issue is not, this did this before I cleaned carbs. it ran great before . I will do this this afternoon when I get home from work.

So I checked under tool holder and there was no wires rub threw but what I did find was one of the plugs on the rectifier/regulator broke and the wire partially on. I guess my daughter rear ended a sled and smashed it. My question is does anyone think this could cause the problem I have described? Also I checked the tops of the carbs and the rubber boots with the slides look good.

Back