• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

help please

Hey guys I'm trying to wire in a tether switch its a pro design clip style I found the brown wire running from the kill switch and wired the tether into to this one wire on one side of the brown and the other on the other side worked great except its backwards the sled turns on when the thether is pulled and shuts off when the tether in clpped in not sure what's going on its a 2011 rtx if that helps there is a brown wire a black with a yellow stripe and a black with a blue stripe thank you ..martin I can try to give a better description if needed

You need a normally closed switch.You have a normally open one there.I like the Pingle tether and I know they offer normally closed.

u have the wrong tether. there are 2 kinds normally open and normally closed, u got the wrong kind thats why its backwards. Sorry..

Is there anyway to wire it to make it work I saw on a previous thread that a member on here had this tether thanks for the responces

5'0 If you read that post they are grounding out the brown wire.So it would be one wire to brown and the other to a ground.Not sure what the brown wire is for but if it headlights you may find that the normally open switch doesnt last long.

Back