• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help realy not happy with pilots

I can't speak for other aftermarket skis but Slydog Powderhounds rock!! Easy steering, great control on trails, and good floation in the powder.

Well I let out the limter strap and reset the tow to 1/4 inch its better a little darty ,but the big thing here in vermont went from grat trails with 3 feet of snow kind of soft and they pushed real bad but when you get in a trail that has sled gruves it will rail around not rell happey still at lest with the stock ones it only pushed it little .
I have put 8 inch carbides in the center and 6 inch out side
Is it just me ? but just dont feel safe with them becaues they are very unperdickable on what they are going to do .
with the stock skis with 8 inch doalys the limter pulled all the way up i could hit a corner at full throtle let off go around and hit it cooming out with out even thinking about it thanks for all the hepl on the pilot but I'm going back to stock set up where I could run down anything on the snow and pass with out worrying about darting

I couldn't stand my dooly's. I got hung up on every railroad crossing and they pushed in corners. C&A Razors here with 10" carbides. "Point & Shoot" describes them perfectly. Increased steering when going VERY slowly or sitting still, but when riding in the trails I notice no increased effort. The increased effort is when the stock skis don't take you where you steer and you try to stop the sled from going off every corner! If 1/4" isn't enough toe out, try a bit more. Usually for me 1/4" is enough, but you can try 1/2" if necessary. No way are the skis to blame. The stockers are crap. Sounds like you've shimmed them and have adjusted limiter. The next thing is to make sure the toe out is set up correctly.

I just replaced my Pilots with SLP Powder Pro skis. I am very impressed. The Pilot's were OK on hardpack but wouldn't turn in powder. They also didn't have enough width to keep the nose from diving into the snow. The Powder Pros actually turn better on hard pack and are much better in loose snow. I did shim the rubbers to put a little more pressure on the rear of the skis. Darting is not a problem. These skis turn easy and are very positive in the turns.

I REALLY like my 6.9 pilots with the Snowtrackers. Wide for floation, snowtrackers for positive turning AND no darting. Just don't run heel pressure with the Snowtrackers.

Sorry wisconson i gave up on them they are on ebay don't have the time or pashence to dell with them the stock ones may push a little but at least they wood corner whether packed or in powder snow and going off a corner at 100 because they is powder in the corner is not my ider of fun .
I know alot of you guys like them i just dont like that feeling of not trusting the skis to do what i want them too I ALREADY HAVE A BROKEN BACK dont need anyelse thank alot guys for all the info but if its works then fly with it THANKS AGAIN FROM VT ATTAK

Back