• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OK, so I tried the Snowtrackers

Was going to buy snowtrackers a couple of months ago, too expensive for me. It was going to cost me like $277 with shipping and custom fee! they have really jumped in price over the last couple of years. Bought Simmons for $400 and have no regrets, best all around ski i've ever owned.

1,300 mi and no catching problem's so far, I can't see where they would catch any more than anything else, There is nothing to catch on,all leading and trailing edges are rounded and make a nice transition from ski. The pair i ordered this fall was around $200 to my door. If you ever rode with these thing's you would never waste money on ski's again unless you need to go wider for flotation. kviper

kviper said:
1,300 mi and no catching problem's so far, I can't see where they would catch any more than anything else, There is nothing to catch on,all leading and trailing edges are rounded and make a nice transition from ski. The pair i ordered this fall was around $200 to my door. If you ever rode with these thing's you would never waste money on ski's again unless you need to go wider for flotation. kviper

Where did you order yours from? Thanks.

Here is ordering info from Snowtrackers for you US guys. This is a copy of an email he sent me when I asked about US ordering.

Hello Paul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the only one distributor for Snow Tracker for USA
You need original ski of Compagny on your sled to fit Snow Tracker on it.
You have all the instruction to install Snow Tracker with every set
Easy to install.
You can order from me = relais540@videotron.ca
You pay for shipping by UPS first set$26.00 and $ 3.00 for every other set
Snow Tracker are good for a couple of season
Web site Snow Tracker
http://www.snowtracker.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Better for Endurance

If your interested

To don' t make a mistake when I ship
I need your complet Name an Adress and phone # for shipping,
The mark model and year of sled.
The model of Snow Tracker you want.
please. By e-Mail.
You can pay me with a credit card, American Express, Visa or Master card.
We ship you by UPS
And you will have to pay duty + state sales tax at delivery by UPS.
This is my phone number 1-418-498-3567 to give me your card number.
contact me @ my home phone number after 6.00 pm to set up payment.

Excuse my poor English
I am french Canadian ( Québec Canada )

Andre
Relais 540

njvector said:
kviper said:

Where did you order yours from? Thanks.
I got mine from Royal Dist, 1(800)265-2970

O.K so i tried the snowtrackers on my pilots and they are the BEST wear bar bar none, the steering was very direct, they are the best at cornering"formula one" no sliding around the corners, no zig zaging, no darting, very impressive, the steering was a little heavy at slow speeds. i may take the outside 6' shaper bar off. well worth the cost. i have the extreems

I'm just back from the UP and 975 miles and couldn't agree more. They make the ski-doo ski a REAL anti darter. Glad I didn't give up on them. I now need a 13 mm swaybar because it does steer like a F1 car and no darting. I may take up oval racing now! What a difference from what I'm used to.

Defiantly don't want to have heel pressure with this setup. Snowtracker Extremes for me from here on in on every sled I run. Thanks kviper!

KnappAttack said:
I'm just back from the UP and 975 miles and couldn't agree more. They make the ski-doo ski a REAL anti darter. Glad I didn't give up on them. I now need a 13 mm swaybar because it does steer like a F1 car and no darting. I may take up oval racing now! What a difference from what I'm used to.

Defiantly don't want to have heel pressure with this setup. Snowtracker Extremes for me from here on in on every sled I run. Thanks kviper!

Well that's good to hear on the snowtrackers. What area in the UP did you go Mike? I'm probably going to go back up to Greenland in February. I just rode this weekend in Price County Wisconsin and the trails were mint and virtually zero traffic. 90% of the trails were freshly groomed and we had them to ourselves.

Stayed in Greenland, rode from late Monday-Friday. Copper Harbor, Around Lake Gogebic, Big Bay a couple of times. Trails were awesome. Little to no traffic during the week. Hoping to get back up again late Feb. also.

The Snowtrackers worked awesome, made me look like the best rider of the bunch. The others were either darting or pushing. Very impressed with the performance of these carbides. The others had Singles, Doolys and Deuces. I could easily drive away from the better riders under complete control. Just amazing.

How much more in side ski lift did you notice? When I switched from the stock skis to the Slydogs that actually turned and stuck in the corners - was a whole new experience. I still get inside lift with the 13mm bar, but its controllable now.

glad to hear it all worked out. I know the feeling of being frustrated and then having it turn around nicely. Was going through the same symptoms with my IQ skid.

A whole lot more lift! If you want to roll the sled right over, you could! The Snowtrackers make the stock skis awesome too. You can go so much faster through the corners with the Snowtrackers in total control of the machine. I also put the stockers on with the Snowtrackers and feel the sled doesn't need different skis anymore. I may sell the 6.9 Pilots now.

Awesome Mike! I actually think there is less inside ski lift because the sled does not jump lines in the corner's which tends to pop the inside ski up, On the other hand you tend to have more confidence and run faster in to the corner's and lift the ski. I drive the heck out of it coming in to the corner and get completely off the throttle to keep the weight transferred on to the ski's basically getting it around the corner on decel then hammer it, This is using the engine breaking to its advantage. This way i can leave the stock sway bar in for a more independent softer ride when it is rough. kviper

Yes Kevin, You are right that corner speeds are much higher now causing the ski lift and body roll which is going to happen at a higher speed. Just off the phone with Bruce Schrader and the 13mm bar is ordered. I held out because I also didn't want to sacrifice ride, but its easy to reduce the dampening on the GYTR shocks to improve the ride. I just can't get the smile off my face now. So happy with these things. It makes an average rider into a great one.

I love the engine braking. A guy we were riding with want to try a Yamaha fourstroke and I couldn't get him off mine. I had to ride his F7 for about 30 miles, boy I just couldn't get mine back quick enough. He's now a believer.

Back