• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help, thinking about buying an Apex Mtn

nethawk

I was checking in with my dealer and he has a 07 apex mtn on the floor for $8500 + tax. The price sounds OK, about $500 more than the 600 renegade I have snowchecked. This sled is a 151 with Fox airshox on it.

2 things concern me, the weight and rear suspension. The weight because I have unstuck Warriors before. and stopping these beasts. The suspension because I am on the trail 75% of the time in the UP and Canada. Will the suspension hold up to whooped out UP trails without beating me to bad? We love to play in the deepest snow we can find.
I have bought a new Renegade every year but when it comes down to it I guess I am getting bored with them. I run a 2" lug and wish I could fit more under the Skidoo. I Ride 4-6K miles a year and consider myself an aggresive rider.

I ride with a Warrior and a Rage in Canada and against the SDI's it is usually a tossup at the gas pump.

Sorry to ramble but trying to include helpful info. Let me know what you think, Thanks.

The rear suspension will be no problem, one of the best riding skids out there. The weight is not a problem unless you are easily influenced by the internet keyboard jockeys that say it's a big deal .With the 162 " track you won't be stuck very often unless you don't know how to ride , or park uphill in 5 feet of bottomless powder. LOL

Turbo Tim said:
The rear suspension will be no problem, one of the best riding skids out there. The weight is not a problem unless you are easily influenced by the internet keyboard jockeys that say it's a big deal .With the 162 " track you won't be stuck very often unless you don't know how to ride , or park uphill in 5 feet of bottomless powder. LOL

what he said!!lol

That is a pretty good price on the sled, and if you get it, try a set of shaper carbide for the skis, as I have noticed that the fron end develops a nasty push on the trail when there is enough fresh snow to lift the skis, but not enough snow to use the whole ski. I did not get a chance to ride mine on up trails last year, but it did just fine in Canada. The narrow front end does like to body roll in the corners, but it is worth it to play with off trail.

I think PRO116 was looking to get rid of his new 07 mountain.... might want to check with him.

nethawk said:
Thanks for the input guys, I still have not decided. Looks like $9K out the door for an SE without reverse is that a decent deal?

9K for an 07 SE mountain. That is a great price! They retail for like $11.300. I have a turbo 04 RX-1 and after riding an Apex last year, I would buy one in a second. Very snappy and a blast to ride. I also have seen on role over several times and start right up afterwards. You can't do that with an RX-1. It floods and takes several mins to start. There's my $.02

Thats a good point Jonny rocket...............Ive had mine laying on it's side running before ,i shut it off myself , it didn't die. Rolled it back up and fired it right up .

Turbo Tim said:
Thats a good point Jonny rocket...............Ive had mine laying on it's side running before ,i shut it off myself , it didn't die. Rolled it back up and fired it right up .

Yea, I couldn't believe it. This guy rolled his Apex down a hill several times. One time it was on it's top for over a minute. Rolled it back on it's feet and started right up. That sold me. My next sled will be an Apex for sure.

Back