• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

help.. trade my 08 renegade 800 for a 08 nytro rtx

walleye101

ok been pondering on trading my doo for a nytro. i like the 4 stroke reliability, but like the weight of my xp and the longer track. my sled has alot of custom stuff and a bunch of mods pretty much like a backcountry now.. 1100 miles on my xp and mint!!!

the ad on the sled is this 2008 yamaha nytro rtx yellow and white.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with 1330 miles, knee pads, 196 studs, 10" carbides, and the getr' done kit by Hauck powersports that includes-- The Hauck Husher Single Silencer, K&N Power Up Kit, Fuel Accelerator, and Hauck #5 Clutch Kit.

did they make the nytro trx in 08 in yellow and white?? it has fox floats. i have only seen blue ones. i would probaly want to stretch this to a 136" or 144". would i be happy with the nytro or should i stick to my gade and wait another year and get a new nytro xtx? also any input on these performance upgrades on the nytro would be apprecited too... thanks for everyone's input :)[/img]

Attachments

• user7163_pic1637_1259179221.jpg
    user7163_pic1637_1259179221.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 69
  • user7163_pic1638_1259179221.jpg
    user7163_pic1638_1259179221.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 66
  • user7163_pic1639_1259179221.jpg
    user7163_pic1639_1259179221.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 80

Look for a 09 nytro XTX vs an 08 as they upgraded a few items most importantly the front suspension for better handling. You might prefer the XTX's longer track if that is what you are used to.

I would wait for a 09 or even a '10 xtx. You have a really good sled and probably would be disappointed with the short rtx. And it isn't cheap stretching it to a 144(figure a grand if you go to extrovert drivers, which I would). I'd wait for a good set up 09 xtx or even a '10 xtx with some of the updates. Plus a rtx will go about 100 mph, an xtx will go 110 or so...if you are into top speed.

Everybody thanks for the comments so far. So is everyone happy with there 4 strokes so far? any other problems with the nytro's that i may know about? i want to switch to one, and will keep my eye on some xtx's then, from the reserch i have done so far on the 08 models is the darting and some broken bulkheads?? other than that they look like a really good sled?? i am new to this site but very interested in a nytro :)

i had an 2007 renagade 1000 and it took about 20 dealers before i could find one that was interested in trading. finally found one and bought 09 xtx and it is by far the best sled i have ever had. goodluck and you will be happy with xtx

I'll just tell you my experience. the nytro throttle response is awsome. not having to add oil is good. the weight is not all that bad, even after 200 miles around "here". The hand wamers are almost non existant and the guage sucks. Pretty hard on hyfax too. I like the sled.

walleye101 said:
ok been pondering on trading my doo for a nytro. i like the 4 stroke reliability, but like the weight of my xp and the longer track. my sled has alot of custom stuff and a bunch of mods pretty much like a backcountry now.. 1100 miles on my xp and mint!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with 1330 miles, knee pads, 196 studs, 10" carbides, and the getr' done kit by Hauck powersports that includes-- The Hauck Husher Single Silencer, K&N Power Up Kit, Fuel Accelerator, and Hauck #5 Clutch Kit.

did they make the nytro trx in 08 in yellow and white?? it has fox floats. i have only seen blue ones. i would probaly want to stretch this to a 136" or 144". would i be happy with the nytro or should i stick to my gade and wait another year and get a new nytro xtx? also any input on these performance upgrades on the nytro would be apprecited too... thanks for everyone's input :)[/img]

Walleye where in Sask you from? The last time I saw a sled like that for sale was in Nipawin at the local Dodge/Yamaha Dealer. Like people are saying the 09's have a much better front end. I went with the XTX as well. Coming from Polaris I to thought it was time for a change. I can't wait to ride. :Rockon:

So is everyone happy with there 4 strokes so far?

Hey Walleye:

Bought my XTX in late sSptember and so far it fires right up everytime in the garage! Hahaha thought I would share my experience (or non-experience) with my new 4-stroke.

Oh and the Nytro pulls HARD! It loves to dig trenches in the lawn!
Sounds cool too... Bit quieter than my 700 v-max with a snowstuff rumblepack can thats for sure!... but the 4-stroke grunt sounds real nice (even stock)

Hope you make the right choice!

I've had both 08 shorty and now 09 XTX Nytro's
The very first time I took out my 08 shorty it ratcheted like a bugger, and was loose all over the place.
Right then and there I knew the Nytro needed a longer track, more traction different track or what ever it needed to hook up better and work.
The 09 XTX delivered.

I wasn't the only one. Soon into the 08 season there were mods going on within the aftermarket for longer rails and tunnels.
They were stretching them for a reason.

I ride with a few guys mostly Doo's XPs Rev's.
One of the guys with a RT 1000 sdi.
He loves riding my XTX, and feels it has the same out of the corner grunt and better trail manners.

billy2guns said:
walleye101 said:

Walleye where in Sask you from? The last time I saw a sled like that for sale was in Nipawin at the local Dodge/Yamaha Dealer. Like people are saying the 09's have a much better front end. I went with the XTX as well. Coming from Polaris I to thought it was time for a change. I can't wait to ride. :Rockon:

I am at Duck Mountain Provincial Park. no this sled is in Manitoba. It is a private sale.

Back