• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with a map?

Snakebit

Expert
I bought the Hurricane/Hindle kit from Woody last season, and I love it. I was just wondering if there is a good updated map, may be one that helps ease the DEAD SPOT when you first open it up.

The map I have is the one programmed into the PC when I received it prior to last season.

If compensation is warranted, I am more than happy to oblige... ;)!

No updated map from Hurricane, they still have the same map. You have a auto tune, are you using this?

I had the same problem with mine. dead spot on hard acceleration, i put CR10E in an it runs great. I have K&N pods, Excell header, SRD muffler with a power commander. It had a terrible dead spot. played around with the PC and still couldn't get it to go away. Finally changed the plugs, an it ran way better. hopes this helps

I have the same problem with mine around 7000ish rpm but only if u mat the throttle. If u ease into the throttle no dead spot but that's never any fun. Has anybody ever tried ullmers map with the hurricane hindle package I wonder if it has the dead spot as well. I find this when it happens to be very annoying and would love it to be gone!!

I have ulmers map with full hindle set up and k&n's, along with his clutching. No dead spot anywhere. Pulls very hard to 8830-8880 rpm

rrxx-1 said:
No updated map from Hurricane, they still have the same map. You have a auto tune, are you using this?

On and enabled, but nothing kills the dead spot.

And yes, it is the dead spot if you mash the throttle, as opposed to rolling into it.

I have the same dead spot. This winter I popped off the trail into the powder to pass a guy and hammered the throttle. I hit the dead spot and bogged in the snow and didn't get to make the pass...

Other than Autotune...is there a fix for this?

We need people to post up their maps, so we can try other maps. I know there are a bunch of guys with auto tunes, but I have not seen a map posted. I just got mine so I don't have a map other than the one from Hurricane. I would sure like to try the one from Ulmer.

rrxx-1 said:
We need people to post up their maps, so we can try other maps. I know there are a bunch of guys with auto tunes, but I have not seen a map posted. I just got mine so I don't have a map other than the one from Hurricane. I would sure like to try the one from Ulmer.

Your lips to god's ears bro....

I would think enough guys have this setup to where the info can be out in the clear. Like I said, I would be more than happy to compensate anyone for their trouble, but it's hard when the source is unknown.

Put it in the paid members forum if necessary, but let's get this out there for members who don't have the mechanical acumen to do it alone... like me..

Your auto tune will build a map for you according to your riding style. Just keep accepting trims until you see very little change in the numbers and that will be the map for you . I did this about 6 times and accepted them all . Now I just leave the auto tune running all the time and it tunes for the day.. You will not get rid of the slight hesitation, it has something to do with the engine braking and is there in stock form just not heard with the stock muffler.

nitris223 said:
Your auto tune will build a map for you according to your riding style. Just keep accepting trims until you see very little change in the numbers and that will be the map for you . I did this about 6 times and accepted them all . Now I just leave the auto tune running all the time and it tunes for the day.. You will not get rid of the slight hesitation, it has something to do with the engine braking and is there in stock form just not heard with the stock muffler.

Everyone who has a auto tune needs to watch this video. There is a lot of miss or lack of information how the auto tune works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOi9NHRv7jE

I have never noticed a dead spot or bog, I have heard about it tho..I pull hard right on thru the rpm range..Do you think you would be able to hear it on video?? I listened to some vids i had fooling around on the lake with my wife and buddy and i could not hear anything like a skip or bog..

RIGIDONE said:
I have never noticed a dead spot or bog, I have heard about it tho..I pull hard right on thru the rpm range..Do you think you would be able to hear it on video?? I listened to some vids i had fooling around on the lake with my wife and buddy and i could not hear anything like a skip or bog..

Who's map do you have?

RIGIDONE said:

For whatever reason it doesn't sound very pronounced on vid.... but at the 1:30 moment you can hear the 'skip'...

[video width=400 height=350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRRI6Dw--X8&feature=share&list=UU6GhVMhdG3UDUw7SfZ2d0PA&index=1[/video]

Back