• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HH's question

Silver

Expert
I just bought a used set of HH's from Rx Wonder.Left them set up just like he had them.Riding in really fluffy snow no base.Sled hits 10,000 out of the hole.My question is both clutches very hot,secondary hotter.Silver spring set at 80* the back shift seems to be a little slow as well.Sled is working hard in the snow about 24" 1/2 mile to the bars is only about 85mph.Are the clutches hot just from the deep snow or is my belt slipping.Mike

On the Warrior, I have heard that the stock secondary spring works better with the Heavy Hitters. I also think the clutchs are warmer than usual due to the snow conditions. But if it was me, I'd get rid of those junk Heavy Hitters. Wanna sell em :lol:

The clutches usually run hot in deep snow cus of the constant upshift & backshift. The clutches are just doing their job.

Thats what I was thinking just from the snow conditions.Nice try Mighty.You will have to wait until after I line up with that ZRT 800 that I was dead even with stock clutching. Turk what is your hot set up for the HH's .Mike

For Deep snow riding you definately want to get rid of the Silver Secondary Spring, go to a White Warrior spring either 3-3 or 6-1

This will improve backshift and stop any belt slip you may be experiencing.

Why does everyone suggest the silver spring over the white.Does the silver upshift faster.I ran the white set at 6-1 did not notice much diffference.Ted what is your best set up to date for the HH's.I still have the stock helix in and would like to keep it.Mike

There are some gains to be made with Heavy Hitters with stock setup. But if you are looking for bigger gains. You will have to go with a full blown setup springs, weights, and helix. You have to dial the heavy hitters in real good, just to pull away from stock setup. I have played with them on a Porta Tree, and also took a RX Warrior and left it stock and made many many changes to try to get ahead of it days of testing. Maybe you will have better luck then I did. (Later)

The silver spring is very soft thin wire spring that upshifts very quickly for maximum accleration on hard surfaces.

My best setup to date uses the stock Warrior Helix and spring.

1/4 3/4 allen in heel, 7/16 steel bolt thick washer in center, 3/8 steel bolt and thin washer.

I made another change and will let you know how it works after next weekend.

Straightliner are you saying there's more to be gained with a different helix.So you found not much difference between stock and HH's :( .Last year lots of guys switched before there sleds were broken in.Big difference in my sled now that the rpms are up where they should be.If I had put them in after the first ride I would have seen a huge increase as well.Still hoping for a little extra out of the HH's over stock.

I have found that the HH or any weight for a matter a fact. That just because you hit your target of 10,200, 10,300. Does not mean you have her dialed in. What it takes is the way the motor is loaded and the way you get the pull through the power band to reach peak rpms. By loading heel with 3/4& 1/4 you are making it act like a steeper helix,and it will also let you engage lower. This could help you and hurt you. That is why I like a steeper start angle. The more you can let that belt shift out drop down on the pulley with a shallow finish angle you should gain more speed. When I was running grass. I was running a 51/47 5.747 good ET 500ft but after 500ft she was out of steam no more pull. (Later)

Back