• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hifax replacement ?

You may need to cut a window large enough to fit the larger hyfax through. Tork and I changed his hyfax, and Tork used a exacto knife in a soder iron to heat up the blade so it was easier to cut open a window large enough to fit the hyfax through. Still had to take a damn blow torch and heat up the hyfax to get them out. It was a bitch.

If you just pry the back of the hyfax off the rail and out the window put the sled in reverse, give it a blip on the throttle, your hyfax will be laying at your feet. very simple to remove this way. I found I had to take a soldering gun to the right side a bit because it is alittle off center, just did 1 window.

I did not cut my track just work it trough it wil work. P.S. IF YOU use a air hammer its works sweet. think snow!

Changed mine out the window with no problem. Never tried reverse. They came out easy with a hammer and screwdriver. Back in with no problems as well. You do not have to cut the windows. They will fit through on an 05 Warrior anyway.

Needed a hammer driver for the screws up front to loosen them. After that it went smooth. Had the job done in half hour to 45 minutes.

Depends on the hyfax. On my 05 shorty, the Hyfax was WAY wider than the windows. But dropping the mono shock skid is a breeze.

Sasquatch said:
Changed mine out the window with no problem. Never tried reverse. They came out easy with a hammer and screwdriver. Back in with no problems as well. You do not have to cut the windows. They will fit through on an 05 Warrior anyway.

Needed a hammer driver for the screws up front to loosen them. After that it went smooth. Had the job done in half hour to 45 minutes.

Just heat up the skid with a propane torch a little and the screw comes right out easy. It has loctite on to hold screw in place. Use the blue loctite to put the screw back in again.

Back