• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hindle Exhaust Update

sorenson1610 said:
Did you get a new one?? Mine broke clean off this weekend in Munising :o|
How long have you had yours, how many miles?
I am a little worried as I ordered a complete system last week, I should have it tomorrow. I asked before, but I'll ask again, how would I know if I get the updated header? Hoping you guys get looked after!

radianguy said:
sorenson1610 said:
How long have you had yours, how many miles?
I am a little worried as I ordered a complete system last week, I should have it tomorrow. I asked before, but I'll ask again, how would I know if I get the updated header? Hoping you guys get looked after!

Im the second owner of the system but I think the first owner put on 1000 miles if i remember correctly? I put on about 600 miles on it. On the updated header, I don't have a answer for that. Its just the 3 into 1 collector piece that broke on mine.

sorenson1610 said:

Not yet. I may have run into a snag. Dave at Hurricane is trying to locate my invoice. I purchased the exhaust from Hurricane about 2 years ago, but Hindle is telling him that they havent made that style of collector (Manifold) in 4 years. I'll let you know what happens.

Bad News....... I had to buy a new one. I guess there was only a 1 year warranty on the collector. I had to but a new one. :-(

Good News....... Dave is going to ship me one out as asap. Hopefully I'll have one by this weekend so I can ride. :) They said that new collectors are heavier gauge Stainless. Hopefully the new one holds up better.

How much?

Found this today when finally taking it apart.

Attachments

• 20130128_140115.jpg
    20130128_140115.jpg
    492.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 20130128_140126.jpg
    20130128_140126.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 20130128_140134.jpg
    20130128_140134.jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 73
sorenson1610 said:
How much?

Found this today when finally taking it apart.

WOW! That is what I call an efficient under tunnel exhaust! ;)!

Call Dave. Another collector will run you $199. I haven't seen them yet, but the new ones are supposed to be much more robust. After talking to Hindle, this appears to be a fairly common issue with the older style collectors. You'd think they'd replace them for free just to keep a customer base????? Oh well.

Kinda figured that, you would think that they would offer up a free upgrade if broken but like you said oh well. Need it, ill be calling Dave today. Thanks

Guys,

We have been making the thicker (18 gauge) stainless steel collector for 2 seasons now. Those collectors look old therefore the warranty (1 year) has expired. A new collector has a retail value of $200 however if you are a current Hindle customer, we will give you %50 off retail prices to purchase a new collector, therefore a cost of $100. Please contact Hurricane Performance if needed.

Lee Hindle
Operations Manager

HINDLE said:
Guys,

We have been making the thicker (18 gauge) stainless steel collector for 2 seasons now. Those collectors look old therefore the warranty (1 year) has expired. A new collector has a retail value of $200 however if you are a current Hindle customer, we will give you %50 off retail prices to purchase a new collector, therefore a cost of $100. Please contact Hurricane Performance if needed.

Lee Hindle
Operations Manager

Lee....... Your the best! :Rockon:

Thanks!

Thanks Lee! Emailed Dave this morning with my payment for the new collector. So hopefully next week it will be here, its snowing like crazy here finally

Thanks for the help! :rocks:

radianguy said:
Nice to see! I am totally impressed with my new system, installed it last night.

It has a SWEET sound! There is no way I could go back to stock after having the Hindle.

Great customer Service, I've always been a Hindle fan, and had a system on my Street bike when I had it. Good to see they have systems for the Apex, and when I am in the Market will deff keep in mind.

We have shipped one collector today via express and we will be shipping the other tomorrow for Saturday delivery if all goes well.This is a crazy busy time but I think we can manage to keep everyone one there sleds for the weekend.
Dave

Back