• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HOLLY COW.... SNOW TRACKERS ON YAMAHA SITE...

Rash

Expert
SNOW TRACKERS HAVE MADE IT TO THE YAMAHA ACCESORIES SITE... OFFICIALLY, THEY HAVE FINALLY ACCEPTED THEM AS A WORTHY UPGRADE TO THEIR BAD HANDLING....

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/accessories/ ... &submit=Go

I have tried a lot: Arrow skis, Snow trackers semi and extremes, C & A pro skis Razors... and The snow trackers are the best darting eliminators while having a good grip... I prefer the Aggressive ones on softer snow and on the Apex, and semi-aggressive if harder pack or if you have a vector..

Now that will run a debate..

:jump:

Holy Cow $300 I'll keep my stock set up...It's better then walking...so I'll live with some darting. Anyway those will catch on all the crap here on our trails...

Re

I tried these last year on my GT.

They ROCK!!!!! I will never run another sled without them.
I also was afraid that they would get caught on something but so far so good. I removed the ski shims and let off one hole on the limiter strap.

No more darting and NO push at high speeds into the corners. They work as advertised.

Less than 8 weeks till opening day....

:jump:

-Moose

Same here i have and always have them on any machine that i buy and no they dont catch on things like some here say.
Ive coverted at least 3 of my frends and they all love them . So far i have over 2000 miles on mine and they are good for at least another 2000 miles well worth the $$$ I picked mine up at royal for under $250.

http://www.qualipieces.com/client/page1 ... 88&clef2=3

Anybody have any experience with these anti-darting carbides? I have ran snowtracker extreme for the past two years and absolutely loved the way they handled. Absolutely zero darting and never caught a thing. I did manage to break one of the tabs that goes through the hole you drill into the ski and the folks at snow tracker told me it was my fault. The hole must have been too tight???

Anyway just wondering if these cobra heads really work. They look pretty good.

I spoke to the owner of the company at the show in Toronto last weekend. He seems to know what he is talking about as he used to work for snowtracker but left after having a fall out with the owner over safety issues. Essentially ST will do what ever it takes to save a penny even if it means risky the safety of the customer. (not sure if that is true or not)

YAttak07 said:
http://www.qualipieces.com/client/page1.asp?page=206&clef=1188&clef2=3

Anybody have any experience with these anti-darting carbides? I have ran snowtracker extreme for the past two years and absolutely loved the way they handled. Absolutely zero darting and never caught a thing. I did manage to break one of the tabs that goes through the hole you drill into the ski and the folks at snow tracker told me it was my fault. The hole must have been too tight???

Anyway just wondering if these cobra heads really work. They look pretty good.

I spoke to the owner of the company at the show in Toronto last weekend. He seems to know what he is talking about as he used to work for snowtracker but left after having a fall out with the owner over safety issues. Essentially ST will do what ever it takes to save a penny even if it means risky the safety of the customer. (not sure if that is true or not)

Qualipieces improve a lot, but some pushing in corners so they bite a litte less and OCCASIONAL but rare darting.... but snow trackers are hard to beat, my 4th sled with them on..

:-o

Oh, and i tried a lot of other solutions... all of them or almost all from ideas from this site..

closest so far: Arrow Skis.... very good also...

:Rockon:

I was talking to a Yamaha dealer at the Toronto show and he has experimented with different runners/carbides on his Apex and he told me that the best ones he found was the Woody's Slim Jims.

I just bought a set off Ebay for $77.00, at the show they were $175 plus tax at the Royal booth.

I believe grubber is talking about slim jims riyamaha. My question is how much speed does the sno tracker scrub off on top end.

i didnt notice any top end difference with the snowtrackers. but i did notice a drop in top end when i had stud boys deuce runners. I fully beleive that no other product can improve your apex handling as the snowtrackers do . my apex went from mediocre to lamborghini in the corners and i can actually drive with one hand at 80 mph. The only drawback is if the sled isnt moving the bars aint turning. You'll rip the tie rods before the skis will turn. The steering is light as soon as the sled moves.

I can't believe it wouldnt steer hard even when moving nb-attack. Your not the first one that has told me that either. If I keep the stock skis Im going to give them a try I guess. They last a long time,you never see used ones for sale and guys that have them love them....

I wouldnt waste my money buying skis or wasting your time with shimming the skis . If youre the least bit of an aggressive rider, order them, slap them on and be prepared to have a pain in your jaw from the massive grin on your face. IF you regret your money (you wont) you have my permission to blast ME personally on this site. I regret every mile on my attak without them.

bottlerocket said:
I believe grubber is talking about slim jims riyamaha. My question is how much speed does the sno tracker scrub off on top end.

x2... Plus, they look thin.. How much abuse can they take?

Back