• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

holly shipping port yamaha....

mr.pitstop

Expert
LOL.. I ordered a little bolt from port yamaha for my front A arms. Of course it was $10 for the bolt and $4 for the nut because it was a yamaha part. Must be port yamaha has a min shipping price of $10... I was like whatever, I gotta have it so whatever.... cost me $24 for a bolt and nut. Then I get it and its in a box about 1.5 feet square.. The box was HUGE. No wonder they have to charge a $10 min. for shipping...

I had a good laugh about it anyway... got my part and my sled back together...

Why wouldn't you have just gone to your nearest Dealer and saved on the shipping?

Grimm said:
Why wouldn't you have just gone to your nearest Dealer and saved on the shipping?

Because my nearest dealer is 45 miles away and they, most likely would have to order the bolt, which would take a week or more since they wait until they have a large order to submit it. Then I'd have to drive there and pick it up and in the end I would have more time and more money invested than just ordering it and paying the shipping...

I make an order or two every year thru Preffered. Never had any issues and free shipping over $150.00.

If it was USP that's not bad. Sometime we have to pay a little more so we can ride on the weekend. I had to run down there last week and pick up a rear wheel and spacer. They were the only one who had them. Its about a 45 min ride to get to them. But they had the parts. Thank you Port Yamaha.

I agree, The shipping charges from Port are high.
I have ordered quite a few things lately and they give you a 10% discount and then get that discount back in elevated shipping charges.

Probably cheaper to buy local.

:o|

What about yamahasportsplaza? They have 30% off discounts for their accessories so that's probably where I'm going to get my mountain skis from...Shipping for those was only $25 (for both) when I priced everything out.

mr.pitstop said:
LOL.. I ordered a little bolt from port yamaha for my front A arms. Of course it was $10 for the bolt and $4 for the nut because it was a yamaha part. Must be port yamaha has a min shipping price of $10... I was like whatever, I gotta have it so whatever.... cost me $24 for a bolt and nut. Then I get it and its in a box about 1.5 feet square.. The box was HUGE. No wonder they have to charge a $10 min. for shipping...

I had a good laugh about it anyway... got my part and my sled back together...

Blevins yamaha in Potsdam has all the nuts and bolts in stock for future reference. I just bought some a couple days ago

Seemed to me that he was just pointing out a comical situation with a $24 dollar bolt and a huge box. Didn't see a question or a problem in his post.

Geezer 2 said:
Seemed to me that he was just pointing out a comical situation with a $24 dollar bolt and a huge box. Didn't see a question or a problem in his post.

Thank you, yes sir that is all I was doing.. Not complaining about the shipping price and I don't have a question. Just how comical it was to pay $24 for the bolt and then the HUGE box it came in... No probelm with port, I like them and have ordered lots of stuff from them and will continue to do so in the future...

I considered Blevins in Potsdam, I've gotten parts from them before but they are 45 miles from me and in the past, I've gotten there and they didn't have what I needed so I said to hell with it and ordered from Port..... Blevins tends to have the highest prices too, even amongst yamaha dealers. I've gotten a decent deal on a sled from Terry at Blevins before but the parts prices seam to be quite high..

This is just about the box size because like you I've ordered jets for my carbs and it comes in a box big enough to fit all the carbs in with packing peanuts and I think what the hell but if you think about it if they stick it in a box just big enough for the part it has better odds of getting lost in the mail or for someone to think they need your part more than you do LOL I don't know if its true but it makes more sense at least to me IMHO

Back