• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Homemade Warriors

I am going to make my own. For one thing. I don't want to do the breakin thing again. I also want to pick my own track. I already have the longer links and a 12mm bar. I figure I can do the track and suspension for under a grand, which is alot cheaper than trading in and buying new.

Buckeye what else do you need beside the longer track :?: Tunnel extension, different shocks, longer rails :?: Can it all be done for around $1000 :?:

Shocks remain the same, longer rails & longer track for sure. Tunnel will of course will need an extension, as well as relocation of forward shock mount and rear scissors mount.

i did it to both of my 03 rx1's, i would highly recommend it. The ride was great, i still got 16 or so mpg, could get to 126 on the speedo. I would recommend the mountain perforamnce stage three kits . they used the full rails which i felt are stronger. also the fit and finish of the mpi kit is yamaha quality, where as i feel the hartman is alittle rougher looking

also the kits ran 700$ each and took 6 hours ea to install, i ran a 9819 predator, the kits included: new billet drop brakets, tunnel extenstion, rear bumper, 136 decal, all necessary gussets and drilling templates, all the hardware, and of course the rails, which were actually venture rails

I'm going with the136 MPI stage1 kit. I know that I still want to stud it. MXZ900 I met up with you and Dick on Lake Pleasant this year. Did you have any issues running the 1.375 studs with the 9833 track besides the exhaust shield which went south?

I will be moving to this as well. One of my only disappointments with the sled was the hookup and powder ability for the shorty. I am going to do a ski change and this with M10 for the hard stuff.

Fullback, I believe that the heat shield would have vacated the tunnel reguardless. But there is some minor scratching on the cast brace in the rear of the tunnel. Nothing that bothers me. Next season I will use a 9838 1" all open window, still going to use the 1.375 studs. I'm going to weld 1/4" round stock to the bottom of the production protectors.

Back