• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Still waiting on your 22's?

For sure. Just throwing it out that its a electrical component that has some draw. Seems odd that we have a couple do the EXACT same thing.. And not many of these models out and about

Agree, but its a small enough number to just be coincidence or a particular manufacturing run.

4600kms on my '22 S-TX EPS, no battery or voltage regulator problems... knock on wood ;)

But I got mine end of Jan, so to me it points to a bad batch in the latest ones off the line.

4600kms on my '22 S-TX EPS, no battery or voltage regulator problems... knock on wood ;)

But I got mine end of Jan, so to me it points to a bad batch in the latest ones off the line.
Derek Do you have a job ? 4600 in less than 2 months is a full time job in itself .
I thought I was doing pretty good with 3500 klms. of almost all day rides with the exception of a 2 day break in ride up in Kap , when I got my 22 SRX at the end of the first week of January .
The only wrenching I have done is tightening the track a couple times , and cleaning off the belt dust .

A bad battery is typically what takes the regulator out. I doubt the regulator went first but one never knows.

I seriously doubt the PS had anything to do with any of that battery or regulator problem.

Derek Do you have a job ? 4600 in less than 2 months is a full time job in itself .
I thought I was doing pretty good with 3500 klms. of almost all day rides with the exception of a 2 day break in ride up in Kap , when I got my 22 SRX at the end of the first week of January .
The only wrenching I have done is tightening the track a couple times , and cleaning off the belt dust .
Haha - I wish I wasn't working - still a couple years away from retirement :). We have a cottage right across the lake from the trail (B103 in Fenelon Falls), so very easy to do multiple daily outings on the weekends. Took some Fridays off plus a week in Feb where I did some 300km+ days. Were all good days!

I only had to trailer this past weekend because the lake was getting iffy with the higher temps.

I got flagged down in Haliburton last week by a guy that wanted to know how I managed to get a '22 S-TX, and he said he does 10-15,000km per year. I felt inadequate :).

Atleast you are getting something in the U.S. !
It appears in Canada there has been no offer of any compensation , for cancellations , late deliveries , or pending deliveries .
Is it that difficult to come up with something ???
Well when Yamaha canceled my 22 SRX in mid November, I complained to customer service and got a email back saying they were SORRY….
I feel special now.

Well when Yamaha canceled my 22 SRX in mid November, I complained to customer service and got a email back saying they were SORRY….
I feel special now.
I complained in November to my dealer ,and are poised with my dealer to possibly pull the trigger on an EPS version tomorrow .
I told my dealer I EXPECT some kind of compensation/consideration (from him or Yamaha Canada as it cost me $3,000 more for the SRX I found) for having 2 sleds cancelled .
We shall see .
I probably won't be able to sleep tonight in anticipation !!!!
Oh , I forgot I don't sleep usually ,due to joint pain and trips to the washroom !

Dealer says my 2 GT's are ready to ship. They want them paid for soon after they receive them but are willing to keep crated until I'm ready to pick them up, even if not until winter.

Dealer says my 2 GT's are ready to ship. They want them paid for soon after they receive them but are willing to keep crated until I'm ready to pick them up, even if not until winter.
Make sure to ask if their insured sitting at his place. Dont know exactly how that works if you pay for them u may be the owner and may have to insure them

Make sure to ask if their insured sitting at his place. Dont know exactly how that works if you pay for them u may be the owner and may have to insure them
Appreciate the advice. Only thought to ask if warranty started at invoice or possession. Didn't think about if the dealership burns down.

Appreciate the advice. Only thought to ask if warranty started at invoice or possession. Didn't think about if the dealership burns down.
You most likely have to get insurance. With anything stored at dealers (boats, ATV's, etc.) there is usually a disclaimer about requiring your own insurance (at least at the ones I've dealt with :)).

As far as warranty does it make any difference if warranty starts in April or November you still get the same amount of riding months of warranty

Back