• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How 'bout the Apex seat??

AaronBND

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Just got it installed. I really like the way it sits and it's a nice clean look! Not much lighter, but really changes the looks of the sled.

Aaron

Attachments

• P1010285.JPG
    P1010285.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 122
  • P1010286.JPG
    P1010286.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 184
  • P1010287.JPG
    P1010287.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 122
  • P1010288.JPG
    P1010288.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 107
  • P1010290.JPG
    P1010290.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 102

looks kool! i wonder if one of those polaris bags will fit in that gap? the new pol has the same gap and they make a bag for the opening looks like it might fit. worth a try?

"Where did you get the edging for the tank cover? "

You could also scrap your windshield (before it snaps off) and use whats around that.

Hey Aaron, could you post a close up of your gap (so to speak), about 600x800? I want to see what you did to cover the old exhaust pan, and how you supported the seat (have the same seat and love the trunk).

Thanks, Mark

Aaron, do you have a part number or description of the edging you used? Can't find anything up here. Maybe I can find something online. Is it hard plastic or soft and flexible? Did you glue it in place? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks, I'll try again to get some here. Its the only thing that has stopped me from cutting down my Mountain Mod tank cover to fit my Apex seat. Right now the seat goes over the cover.

Looks really nice, very clean install, almost looks factory. It really dresses up the sled. I'm not sure I'd worry about filling the gaps, the open look is kind of cool. And I bet it's a bunch cheaper than a Boss. Your pics also show what the rider forward and gauge relocate look like real well.

Bri

Thanks, I'm in the process of making a black canvas bag that will go under there for more storage. Should be done tomorrow. Will look like it was made for the sled.

Aaron

Aaron,
Is there any need to worry about heat in that area from your under tunnel exhaust? I'm going to have that bike can running up through that area so cleanup is going to take some fancy metal work. Like what you've done with the aluminum angle, think I will do something similar. Makes me wonder though, what is keeping your seat from sliding backwards? I see how you've tied it downwards (thanks for the pics BTW) but it just has those little two plastic tabs in the front that slide under the gas tank. I was thinking of moving the little bracket that used to hold the radiator hose covers back a bit and using those with the original rear tie down bolts. My seat actually touches the bike can so I may have to completely modify it. Was thinking of chopping the plastic right before the trunk and going straight down. I've got an industrial walking foot sewing machine, all it takes is time ;^)

How about that snowfall the past 48 hours?

Attachments

• 11_24 small.jpg
    11_24 small.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 111
The "J" hooks are still pulling it down in the back so it can't move. It only has down pressure on it, not really back pressure. As far as the heat issue goes....there is sheet metal at the bottom of the old exhaust hole plus the clean-up sheet metal over the tunnel so their is actually an air-space in there about 2" deep. Shouldn't be a problem. The bag I'm making will be removable and hold more than the seat holds.

Aaron

Attachments

• P1010296.JPG
    P1010296.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 88

Back