• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how do you guys find the MTX for balance?

erifnus

I am considering buying a Nitro MTX and have heard they are easy to tip over and are hard to balance. I do about half my riding on groomed trails and the other in powder.

What can you guys tell me?

Thanks,

Here is what I think. If you have never rode a rider forward sled before, the Nytro will feel like its going to tip over. But if you have, no problem.

I have the Nytro fx and a bud has the mtx. The mtx is not as stable but if riding on the flats just offset the skis out a inch on each side ( via the ski bushings) and you are 2 inchs wider. BIG difference.

Mountain sleds are supposed to be easy to "tip" and rail. You don't want something that is so firmly planted you can't get it over when you need to. I am very comfy on the MTX.

I would not buy one to ride trails with. Not a good trail sled by any stretch of the imagination. It is at home in powder and carving between the trees. But an XTX if you want a trail sled with off trail capability.

When we first started riding our MTX sleds (phazers) they were really tippy, but witht he combo of adjustments on the sled and using our body to shift weight, they are a great sled to ride and dont seem nearly as tippy. Once you get used to the "center of gravity" with the sled they are not bad at all.

No question the MTX is tippy. It's awsome in deep powder.

You can tame down the front end with a set of floats.

For 50/50 riding I would suggest the XTX.

KINS said:
No question the MTX is tippy. It's awsome in deep powder.

You can tame down the front end with a set of floats.

For 50/50 riding I would suggest the XTX.

"Balance" wise, from a guy coming off a Rev, its slightly nose heavy.. Prob due to the shear weight. Although, to contradict that, I feel more comfortable jumping the Nytro. Simply letting off the throttle drops the nose, no need for brake.

I ran with an unhooked sway bar for a day w/ stock shocks cranked to max and in spring like conditions, it took a bit to fight it from wanting to roll (as in body/chassis roll, not roll over on its side completey) when coming off a hill at an angle.
With Floats (stiffer) and real snow, it will be great. I'm leaving my swaybar in for the rest of the season (on stock shocks) though.

Back