• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How do you keep apex throttle body boots on with high bost?

Did you install the bracket from the engine to the bottom of the intercooler? I got 300 plus miles at 17-18psi of boost and have had zero problems.

Finally got it to hold 17 lbs when testing. Now my toggle switch on back leaks all the time when on low boost. on high doesn't seem to leak even when I used to take air up to 20 lbs.

travelor said:
Finally got it to hold 17 lbs when testing. Now my toggle switch on back leaks all the time when on low boost. on high doesn't seem to leak even when I used to take air up to 20 lbs.

If you are using the "boost bleed" toggle switch that mcx supplies for 17 psi ........it is supposed to leak on the high setting , this bleeds off boost from the wastegate to give more boost to the engine .

Zip tie intercooler to throttle body rail. Had to do that with mine except zipped it to the carb rack.

This item should be addressed by the forced induction suppliers. The original Apex manifold connectors (rubber boots) are designed to prevent outside air from entering the intake tract. The throttle bodies are actually being drawn towards the cylinders under normal operation. When boost is added, the boots are being asked to do just the opposite. The Apex throttle bodies have over 125 lbs of force on them at 17 psi boost. That is a lot of weight to support with those rubber boots and hose clamps. Add in any boost spikes and the problem even gets worse. Fortunately, the rubber boots are only $7 each if you glue them on and they have to be sacrificed for future repairs or upgrades. The last time I checked the clamps were on backorder.

Back