• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How do you keep your eyeglasses from fogging??

Best solution I know of is to get laser surgery or dispossable contacts. Other than that, the Modular helmets from Bomberdoo seem to work good for my friend, Snowman269. I may also suggest a moto-x helmet with OTG (Over The Glasses) goggle system. And there is a company called Pro-Vue that can make perscription goggles too.

Thanks for the input, laser surgery wont work and I thought about the Doo helmet but its only DOT approved and they still want $300 for it..... :o|

anyone try the HJC CL14 with glasses??

The best solution I found was Lasik surgery. Besides being awesome, it will also save you cash in the long run...no more glasses or contacts to buy. No more fogging....better vision. I also use a Bomdardier Modular in cold weather and an mx style with visor, quick straps, and Pro-Vue goggles with snap on lens in warmer weather.

If your so inclined, Pro-Vue does also supply prescription goggles. Although...for the money I'd certainly opt for the permanent solution.

If your eyeglasses have glass lenses, you may want to consider having a pair made with plastic lenses. Plastic lenses will not fog as easily as glass lenses. I have a Yami snow force helmit (the ole' standard black one) with the inside breathe deflector that you can mold to fit your face. The key is to really get that deflector to fit snugly on your face and keep your breath down (obvioulsy). I wear large plastic lens sunglasses (not blue blocker big) and I can rest them on the ridge of the deflector and, even with the shield down, the lenses do not fog up no matter how cold it is. Larger the lenses the better since they will rest a little farther away from your eyes than normal and you don't want the lense frames interfering with your forward vision. If you get a good seal with the deflector, you may be able to wear your glass lenses without fogging but I've never tried it.
So that is what works for me and I hope it works for you. Good luck!

smokeless1 said:
greenmachine said:
Old hockey trick, rub dish soad on lens, let it dry to a haze and than wipe off. Both sides of lens.

Jim

This really works.

Laugh if you want, but so does 'potato juice'. Wipe it on, and buff off. Did that for years until they invented antifog stuff like Fog-X. ;)!

Now if I absolutely have to wear glasses, I would use an antifog stuff (available at auto parts stores - marketed for mirrors, automotive).

Also important to wear a good mask, one like the "HJC No Fog". I saw a similar version in the Yamaha catalogue of snowmo accessories (US). It is made entirely of neoprene with the inside surface being soft/rubbery seal against your face. Some people don't like stuff stuck to their face, but it works extremely well. Tried different things over the last 10 years, but keep going back to it. Even had the new Ski-doo modular BV2S but it doesn't work well with a beard.

Pro-Vue makes goggles that incorporate prescription lenses., my dad would fog everthing except goggles. He and my cousin both used the provue googles with great success.

greenmachine said:
Old hockey trick, rub dish soad on lens, let it dry to a haze and than wipe off. Both sides of lens.

Jim

I will second that . ;)!

Back