• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How Does Your Yamaha Dealership Stack-Up?

http://www.portyamaha.com/

I average one new Yamaha vehicle purchase per year along with the associated clothing, parts, etc. to maintain my Yamaha fleet (currently 5 units) and Port continues to get my dollar vote.

To be fair, I've heard good things about the dealer in my back yard (2 miles from the house) and while it would certainly be more convenient than driving the 50 miles to Port, I don't want to risk downtime or hassle.

Bottom line: Finding a dealer you trust to take care of you is worth more than a few bucks off the price or a few miles saved on your tow vehicle.
:yam:

lakercr said:
a7m266d said:
Markham Mower here in Ontario Canada north of Toronto is a dream dealer. You couldn't ask for nicer friendlier people that go the extra mile every time you walk though the door to make sure you are happy when you leave. Can't say enough good about them. I wouldn't deal with anyone else.

Umm, shouldn't you be in Quebec right now...?

Hehehe Its sunday at 9:09 my ride picks me up in 15 mins! I'll be there don't worry!

F & S Yamaha and Marine in Hanover PA. I drive from Ontario to deal with these guys. The best I have found. Treat you right and always fair prices.

My dealer is awsome... He has warrantied 2 boggy wheels, 2 rear shocks, some front suspension bushings and the steering colum bushings..

It helps that ive bought my last 6 sleds from them and now a boat

Local dealer that I don't buy sleds from (yet) has service manager that didn't know the Yamaha 07 handlebar update part number.
I had to give him the Yamaha bullitin number and he punched it in and finally did order some bars but didn't call me when they came in.
I happened to stop in and get a pair that were there before someone else did.
This dealership has had a high employee turnover rate every 2-4 yrs.
Dealer has high sled prices compared to others.
Like $1200-1600 higher than what I paid for my GT.

I drive 33 miles for the other dealers cheaper sled prices which are just about the cheapest in NY.Local dealer is about 4 miles away.

I wonder if they(local dealer) charged Yamaha for 1/2 hour warrenty labor to replace my 2 idler wheels last year when I did the work?

This dealer billed a guy in the military a few years ago when there was supposed to be an extended warrenty for guys sent overseas.Guy came back and rode his Arctic Cat then blew it up just out of regular warrenty.So they made him pay and then billed Cat for the warrenty work!
Somebody else finally told him he(military) had an extended warrenty and should not have paid and the dealer should have known better.

Local dealer is mostly Cat sleds and atv's.
I buy parts from this dealer sometimes and over the internet from discount dealers.
The owner sees me on occasion and asks when will I buy a sled from him as I have bought enough parts to build 2 sleds.
This dealer is getting a little better.

Culleys in Lancaster has been very good to me after the sale. I do all my own work, but when it comes to parts, etc, he there. Competetive pricing and came through on my out of warranty transfer rod by getting rep to "good will" it.

Hanover power sports in East Hanover N.J. Sled out of warranty, replaced bogeys for me under warranty. Rich and Freddy- great guys. Wish they had more parts in stock but over all- great service dept. Highly recommend if you are in North Jersey.

Swiss Sledder said:
My dealer is The Hitching Post in Coon Rapids, Minnesota and they give me awesome customer service. They installed fuel shut off valves on my 05 RX-1 for free. They always wash and clean my sled after it has been serviced. Their service manager is knowledgeable, and their sales staff always give me a good deal. I couldn't be happier. ;)!

That's where my Apex will be going at some point this summer for a service. The original owner bought the sled there and has the Gold Club Membership with 2 services left on it, so I figure I will take it in and get it ready for next season. They seem like good guys to deal with from my one experience there so far!

Donahue Super Sports in central wisconsin. Fixed broken suspension linkage on a Phazer FX in 2 days, back in time for a mid-week day trip ride. Not the first time I've been impressed with their service. :rocks:

Dropped off my sled on Saturday 3-3-07 for the jackshaft bearing replacement, got a v-mail this afternoon that it would be done by closing today (3-13-2007). Went to pick it up and the Service manager said it would be ready in about 20 more minutes. Got looking at an 08' brochure for 30 minutes or so and looked outside and my sled was parked outside behind my trailor. The Service Manager never even had the curtisy to let me know that it was ready. In fact I never even seen him again :moon: Now thats going the extra mile to keep your bussiness. Guess I'll look for a new dealership for my 08' purchase. "What a Bone-Head :o| "

Back