• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How Does Your Yamaha Dealership Stack-Up?

I bought my sleds from a guy that went out of business a month later. North Country in Lancaster.

I'm looking now for a dealer but can't decide on one..yet..I don't feel comfortable with the ones closest to me..

LLCote in Errol NH seems to have moved it's operation across the street under a differnt name.. I went in there and the place looked bare, unorganized,etc..

Dalton Motor sports has lot's of rumors flying around about their in Chapter 13 etc. The owner died sitting on an ATV in the garage. The rumer is because of bad gas priceing,no snow here he was loseing
everything... so he chose out.

Currier RV in Gorham and Lancaster has moved from there place to the truck garage and is still unorganized. And stopped selling sleds in Lancaster. Gave up the Artic Cat line.
I do like them they gave me good service on a belt problem,but they don't have a 07 ATTAK that I'd like to purchase.

Anyone else seeing their dealers going through changes because of bad years?

I want to buy an ATTAK but feel uncomfortable about these local ones.. I may bring the sled in for a repair and never get it back if they close the doors,etc.
Funny thing is there prices have always been high compared to what some of the guys here have posted.. If you take the deprication factor in I wouldn't be getting anything off of normal priceing.

Must be tough to try to hold things together with no one purchaseing toys like they did a few years ago..

CaptCaper,

Try Town and Country in East Conway. I bought my 06 Apex ER there in October. I have been very happy with them. My only complaint would be that the mechanic said he wasn't aware of some of the problems we have been having with bogey wheels and hand warmers. I think he just wanted to avoid the situation but he did say he would warranty the bad bogey wheels. Well duh, you better believe he will! Still good folks and would recommend doing business with them.

Iowa City Motorsports

I'm sure it's wa out of th way for most of you guys, but Iowa City Motorsports is awesome. I took my sled in to them at the end of last season, and they replaced the bogey wheels, the rear shock, and the widshield (it was hitting the headlights on the wind and wore some of the chrome off the back side), washed it, changed the oil and stored it for me for most of the summer, and didn't charge me a dime!
If I have any trouble (which I haven't had anything that sidelines me yet) they always order the parts when I'm standing there, and usually have parts within a few days.
They haven't had any turnover, and the guys there make it a lot of fun to just stop by and hang out. They have a beuatiful store, with tons of inventory (granted not all sleds) and after about 2 or three times there, they know most customers by name when you walk in the door.
If anybody is willing to travel this summer, definately check them out. They also sell Kawasaki, Suzuki, Aprillia, and have a great parts department. Lots of quads, dirt bikes, streetbikes and sport bikes. I'm not sure if they have a web site, but if they do, I'll post it.
Nate
:jump:

my local dealers are absolutely terrible. just 1 example

i went to get the bar upgrade and the dealer would not sell it at the price yamaha listed. they wanted 59.99 for it. Itold them i owned a sled and showed them the title. didn't make a difference, they wanted to see the paper yamaha mailed me stating what the price was. i went home called yamaha and complained. yamaha called the dealer told them to sell it to me for the correct price. i went back to the dealer and nobody knew what i was talking about. they still tryed to charge me 59.99. i called yamaha right there from the parts dept speaker phone and pretty much humiliated the parts guy in front of 4 other customers.
i go through events similar to this every time i go into the local dealers. Now i buy most parts on line through port yamaha

Chippewa Motors Sault Ste. Marie, Mi. Best dealer on the planet.

my dealer will do what every is in there power to get you on the trail asap,i have had them take parts off of a floor model to get me going again,that is why i don't mind paying a little more up front on the sled ,i know the service will be there when i need it STONE'S SNOW SLED ,NEWARK N.Y.

Another vote for Stone's. I have bought three sleds and an ATV from them. Always treated like gold. I have had sleds fixed literally within hours of dropping them off and been able to pick them up the same day! I had an accident and no collision coverage a few years ago, and they gave me all of the parts for their cost and didn't charge for labor. Great guys. I usually deal with Tim, but any of the guys there are snowmobilers and can help you out.

Another vote for McGregor's in Bobcageon, Ontario.....Family owned & operated. Good, knowledgeable people who are also sledder's/ATV'ers, so they know of which they speakith!!! (What a concept, eh?) As a bonus, their prices are sharp too...At least for bein' in Canajun rubles..... :drink:

I think the best dealer is Brians Sales And Service in
Dashwood, Ontario. love the service and the mechanics know there stuff. not an overly big place but the service and prices are great. its hard to go to a big dealership and get the respect you deserve after spending 16 grand on a sled. big places just look at the dollars figures to keep the place running(overhead), sell as many sleds as possible but forgettin to treat the customers good. ***Great guys all around at Brians Sales And Service , #1 in my books***

:Rockon: CHEERS JP

Well I'll have to add another to the bad dealer list, I brought my 07 RTX over to the shop this morning for my first free service. I dropped the sled off at 10:15am this morning (had an appointment) and when they closed at 6pm this evening it still wasn't ready to go.

Over 8 hours for the first service is too long, glad I am only getting them to do it the first time, I'm sure in 8 hours I could have done it myself and still managed to put on another 200km or more.

My family bought three Yamahas at Dalton Mountain Motorsports. I went up on Sunday to pickup sled and they would have stayed after closing if I was running late. They had the selections of sleds and deferred programs and leftover rebates we were looking for. I haven't had service there yet, but I have no reason not to go back. I have a dealer closer if we need parts, but they don't carry many sleds. The Sunday after the Sno Deo, they were mobbed and had the 08 Skidoo demo sled there. They have a motocross track, they use for potential customers to take demos on. My kids rode both the 121 and 136 of each model they wanted and settled on the 136 sleds. plowking

How does your Yamaha Dealer stack up

The dealer in Blackstock was good as far as purchasing a sled but service they leave much to be desired and have lost my business. A friend told me about Yamaha Motorsports in Pickering and they have been super to date. They have a fantastic service department. They found that my sled had not been set up at all, there was no grease in the sled either in any of the fittings, etc. They took care of me and got me on the trails in short order. I cannot say enough about Yamaha Motorsports, I would highly recommend them. I went through my first set of sliders at 12klm. The Blackstock dealer merely said " You guys that come from other brands don't know how to ride Yamaha's" and that was the end of it. No deal on the new sliders. Yamaha Motorsports even seasoned (Heat treated) my new sliders before installing them.I just put 2000klm on the new sliders!
I'm tired of dealers only interested in the sale and not the service... been there before...that's why I have a Yamaha now!

Well- just picked my sled up from my dealer for bogie wheels that were shot and sled out of warranty. Dealer took care of me under warranty and uprgraded the wheels at no charge. Hats off to Freddy and Rich at Hanover Power sports.

Back