• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how impressed r u?

I really like what they've done. They've taken a very good trail sled, incorporatd all the changes that everyone has had on their wish list, and apparently made a great trail sled. Can't wait to try one.

It's not surprising the MSRP has risen as a result. As the saying goes, "be careful what you wish for because you might just get it".

I disagree! The main changes people had on their wish list, was
1. Lighter 2. More Power
Honestly, after that, everything else is secondary. The old Apex platform was great, sure it had it's querks, but to say they addressed the changes, is a false statement. Not even IMO, thats just fact! :o|

Lammy said:
1. Lighter 2. More Power
Honestly, after that, everything else is secondary. The old Apex platform was great, sure it had it's querks, but to say they addressed the changes, is a false statement. Not even IMO, thats just fact! :o|

TRUE.

The only thing I see that warrants the HUGE price increase is the EPS. Nothing else. And even that is not worth the extra coin!

Yamaha can't say it costs more to make more power! Or to make that Delta box!!!

And by reading the even the last 10 posts, it is easy to say "YAMAHA HAS FAILED TO SELL US A NEW SLED".

Someone at Yamaha needs :die

On price, in the United states prices did go up a lot, however, there dollar fell a lot as well about 30% in the last few years vs. the yen.

In Canada, sled to sled(New Apex's) went up about $1,500-1,600 or 10%(Base Apex to Base Apex, LTX to XTX. No that bad as EPS, adds about $750 to an ATV.

The real deal is the SE which went up $1,150, only $400 more when you adjust for EPS. The rear float is probably cheaper than the EC Ohlins, but are offset by the front floats.

Plus the programs in Canada looks pretty good as well(now on www.yamaha-motor.ca) 3 Year Warranty, Deluxe Cover plus $400 Yamabucks and free interest until March 2011.

If you want a smoking deal on 2009-2010 Yammie I was at mthmarina.com near Dorset yesterday. I can't remember exact pricing but they had about $5,000 off brand new Apex's.

Would I get a 2009-10 vs the 2011, probably not as I'm guessing you can get $1,000 off an 2011 plus the other stuff is worth about $1,500, meaning you are effectively $15,200 for an SE or about $14,800 for an XTX which I think is reasonable. Would I like them to be $10,000, Yes, but they don't build millions per year, we are talking a few thousand of each model.

To each there own though.

I rode the 2011 and I'm convinced it's worth it. To be perfect it would have 180-185 HP but the chasis/seating/handling/ride is just about perfect(for me) and what I've been searching for years.

Lammy said:
1. Lighter 2. More Power

agree, we wanted a 170+ hp motor, and thats the only reason ppl will spend more money on a sled if it is alot faster. and they could have lightened it up, i know yamaha will never have the lightest sled but they could have shaved a few pounds off it. but the power steering im sure will b amazing, and one thing im not happy with is the exhaust! what a piece of garbage

yamahahaha said:
Lammy said:
1. Lighter 2. More Power

agree, we wanted a 170+ hp motor, and thats the only reason ppl will spend more money on a sled if it is alot faster. and they could have lightened it up, i know yamaha will never have the lightest sled but they could have shaved a few pounds off it. but the power steering im sure will b amazing, and one thing im not happy with is the exhaust! what a piece of garbage
X2 I can't comment on how well the exup will work but I just watched the you tube video going over all the change's and up grades ""WE"" asked for. Stated in the video,"" All new 4 into 1 ""TITANIUM"" exhuast with exup"". Hold onto you a$* when the doughnuts go and that onepiece pipe cracks and breaks $$$$ :o| Guess yamaha missed that memo of all the cracked and broken TI ypipes.

More power isn't my interest in this sled. I was going to get the wife an Vector LTX but I may jump into this new Apex. Deep down I know She really would like rideing it being the ride it is at this point.
But ... 1. EPS 2. less ski lift 3. new skis 4. wider seat. 5. better midrange,etc. from engine improvements? Man it is one hell of a moter now I can't wait to feel out the 2011. These will make it work for her I believe and me too when I take it out.
If we get a 3 year here in US that will seal the deal.

I don't know when mid range power was ever a gripe amongst Apex owners. I've NEVER heard anyone say that the Apex had insufficient mid range power. If anything, I think it was the opposite. I've heard many Apex owners, myself included say, "You may get me in the top end, maybe.... you may get me out of the whole....maybe, but in the mid range, your #*$&@ is mine!" LOL.

For all the criticism, I'm actually impressed so far without riding it yet. I've had a boatload of sleds since the late 60's and this one I have takes the cake everytime I ride it. If Yammi fixed the small faults and gave me some extra bite,,,,great, I might buy after I try. Yes, it ain't cheap, so isn't the piece of sheit Cat Turbo, (they need a blower to compete), and it sound like a farm impliment. Point is, most of us are on this sled because we can, and most of us probably have other expensive intrests, (I do), but sledding is my passion as is a lot of us, and the technology built into these sleds is unreal. So with that in mind along with our current administrations aspirations to devaluate the dollar, I think the price is hard to take, but understandable. Just sayin,,,,Jay

But just adding EPS isn't worth the price hike. All the other stuff was supposed to work in the first place. Grip warmers, etc... all should have been fixed already.

again, it looks like a great sled, but the only real new thing here is EPS. The other stuff is said to be new, but its really just improved and should have been before this.

I'm curious to know if Yamaha has come up with some functional mirrors for the new Apex. Jury is still out on the handwarmer's it's only been 5 years for a fix.

EPS adds $600 to a Grizzly, but the EPS is part of a package that includes aluminum wheels. I'm sure the wheels are a good part of the $600. The Apex does get the new exhaust valves, but $2600 US is too much. The rest of the lineup went up $300.

Back