• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How long are your A-arm bushings lasting?

Ruckus

TY 4 Stroke Master
I can get mine replaced under warranty but should I just go ahead and get a set of olite ones? Its a pretty easy job to replace them, just wondering how long I have before they go again.

Another option is to add grease fittings.Before it was a yearly thing for bagged out bushings.Scary thing is those type bushings are also in your rear suspension.

Ulmer said he would but someone needs to send the parts to him.I never had to take mine off last year since nothing broke thankfully.Those bushings are supposed to support the shaft that bends in the linkage.

Well maybe I'll have to talk to him. I have to take my shocks out and have new seals and oil put in for this year. Finally got the valving done up pretty good now, but I blew the seals again on the last ride last year and they are leaking a little. Maybe if he can do it pretty quick I can send the parts to him for a work up of the bushings in the rear suspension since I'm going to have it out anyway.

Yes cannondale 27 is right grease is a good answer for me that was the way to go also nice to know the bolts and collars will come apart without siezing in there when needed. I looked for my pictures but could not find them I will get the camera out soon. I put a total of 6 grease zerks in 4 in bottom and 2 on top pictures soon.

upbushman said:
Yes cannondale 27 is right grease is a good answer for me that was the way to go also nice to know the bolts and collars will come apart without siezing in there when needed. I looked for my pictures but could not find them I will get the camera out soon. I put a total of 6 grease zerks in 4 in bottom and 2 on top pictures soon.
Thanks. I need to see your zerk locations

Hey Ruckus here are the pictures of the grease zerk locations. I have 1300 hard miles on these bushings and full of grease no slop at all. It is well worth pulling the a arms off to put zerks in. The grease zerks are the threaded type and I also drilled pilot holes in the shaft that the bolt goes through. This way grease is completely through the bolt and shaft in the a arm so there is no possabilty of siezing bolt and shaft when disassembly is required. Good luck

Attachments

• Phazer A Arm Grease Zerks 002.jpg
    Phazer A Arm Grease Zerks 002.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Phazer A Arm Grease Zerks 003.jpg
    Phazer A Arm Grease Zerks 003.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Phazer A Arm Grease Zerks 004.jpg
    Phazer A Arm Grease Zerks 004.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Phazer A Arm Grease Zerks 009.jpg
    Phazer A Arm Grease Zerks 009.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Phazer A Arm Grease Zerks 010.jpg
    Phazer A Arm Grease Zerks 010.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 62
Well, I did it but I ran in to some probelms. I round out 2 nuts, lost a nut/washer/and blot, broke two drill bits and two taps (inside the arms, then I broke 2 of the bushings on one arm becaues it fell of a bench. What a bad day now I cant finish it tell wendsday becaues I have to order the bushing (unless the dealr has some on had, proble not)everything els I can in 20 min. WHAT A BAD DAY!!!! #$%&*

upbushman are you using the stock bushings? Im gonna have to do this, my front end is completely beat with only 2600 miles

Yes phazerdrew they are the stock plastic bushings. The dealer did replace them at the beginning of last season 2008-09 when I had it in for some other warranty work. I grease at the beginning and middle of the season and that's it, I knew after 1300 miles with no slop it was worth it. It is also nice that nothing will seize over time and there is no reason to pull apart for maintenance. A time saver in the future also.

I will be bringing mine in for warranty work thought the factory warranty was 6months turns out per yamahas site its 1 yr. After they replace them I'll be doing the same thing you did

Back