• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How Loose to run the track.

blackattak

Expert
Had issues with my hyfax to start the season. Had replaced the track from stuuded ripsaw to the new Iceripper XT. I think we had run the studded track tight to help prevent stud damage issues. How tight should the new track be (I'm thinking if we loosen it up it'll be easier on the hyfax & now there is no reason to worry about studs). How loose should it hang when back end is in the air. It might hang 1" the way it is now (maximun), what are your suggestions on my attak?

I would recommend about 1.25" to 1.75" (between the hyfax and track) of slack when you pull down on the track. Some people say pull down with a 25 pound weight or scale. I usually just pull down firmly with my hand

track tightness

I agree. if you adjust the track to the " factory " spec you will be changing hyfax every 600 miles. I learned this on my SRX. Since i do not run studs I can get away with running the track up to 2" . Just rumember not to hammer it in the deep powder. I have not had any issues and my hyfax last over 1000 miles. If you runs studs. disregard this.

stock track tension is that you put a twenty pound weight in the middle of the track and then tighten it up to one inch on each side. that is stock yamaha, but because you have a different track it might be a little different, im not sure :yam: :4STroke:

Mine....this is with rear raised....This set of Hyfax has about 2300 miles....

Attachments

• 100_0925 (Small).jpg
    100_0925 (Small).jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_0927 (Small).jpg
    100_0927 (Small).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 117
X3 on the track hanging down under it's own weight so that the tops of the lugs are about even with the bottom of the hyfax at the mid point.

My sled is an Apex and I run studs with the track this loose with no issues to date. IMO the track only needs to be just tight enough to not ratchet under full power in powder.

I agree, I run mine loose so it hangs down about 1-1/4" in the center under it's own weight.

Also, speaking of hyfax wear, a couple of years ago I set one RX1 up with the old style narrow and one with the new style wide. As far as I could see, the narrow was better, but it wasn't a big difference. Now I am running all narrow.

Back