• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How Many Miles On a RipSaw!!!

I have gotten very good service out of the ripsaws I have used. The only time I have had a problem is due to wear from contact with suspention components. I don't see that as being the tracks fault.

I do admit that I take care to not spin the track in conditions that could obviously dammage the lugs.eg.(ice that is frozen in jagged surfaces ect.)

6900 miles with studs (168). Cords starting to break around single stud backers (moved / removed 16 studs). No issues with double backers, no broken lugs. Some wear on inside from running with broken suspension parts. Looking for better bite in loose snow. Sounds like the 6-pitch design (9818) is better design. Anyone running the Cat 1.375 track #1602-154?

I got 6200 miles on my 04 Warrior, (no studs), and track looks pretty good!

My track this season literally looks like new after about 9500 kms (5900 miles).

It is the reinforced and pre-punched ripsaw track and it is studded with 144 gold diggers. I also installed a 4th rear idler at the same time as this track.

Last season my track was badly damaged a little over 9000 km with a suspension failure and had to be changed.

track

RX1red said:
You did good.I have a friend of mine that could only get 5000 also.No studs.Paddles come apart on side

I know which friend you're talking about and this guy is always wide open. No track can withstand that abuse.

just for shits and giggles maybe you guys should try riding those things on snow / I dont believe I ever got less than 10,000 miles out of a track if I did it was years ago when high button shoes and dial phones were in vouge / later

7000 miles. Some torn lugs but still looks pretty good. No problem for at least one more season.

jim-bob said:
just for shits and giggles maybe you guys should try riding those things on snow / I dont believe I ever got less than 10,000 miles out of a track if I did it was years ago when high button shoes and dial phones were in vouge / later

lol.... Snow... what's that? No snow here in NY this year.....

ripsaw

I have a 1.5 inch ripsaw on my 04 Warrior. It has a 1000 miles and half the outside are lugs misssing or ripped. I think I will try something different next time. I had a 9818 on my SRX and loved it. It was one tough track.

Back