• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How much better is Sidewinder VS Nytro XTX

Says the guy with a Nytro for an avatar pic lol

I rode my friends SW and love the power and the suspension but didn't like the riding positioning compared to my Nytro. I really like the ergos on the Nytro with a steering relocate. No, it's not the best handing, turning, or fastest out there but I'm happy with it and have done little improvements over the years. Both sleds have their issues with reliability but I'd personally say the Nytro has less. To be fair, the majority of the SW issues seem to be non engine related.

I wanted to change my avatar, but you have to really shrink the pics to get my new sled to show up... So, I did not bother.. One thing, I can tell you... I spent a ton of money on my XTX. From fully revalved shocks all the way around from Hygear (2500.00 U.S), Full Excell exhaust, PCIII, Changed the air intake with Filters. I had 5000.00 into that sled and my 06 Apex GT was a better sled, (stock). IMO, Yamaha should have never released it.. The balance on that sled was so off, it was not even funny... It was OK fast, but my 1200 Doo would have smoked it and it handled awesome.. The front end was completely junk on it... Very, Very heavy front end feeling.. The Nytro was the worst sled ever built period and I am glad Yamaha got rid of it.. Trust me when I say this, I love Yamaha products, but that sled should have never been released to the general public.. Sorry, I feel like I am on a rant, because I really am... Just talking about that sled gets me fired up and it was the reason, I left Yamaha and went back to a Doo.

Last edited:

I wanted to change my avatar, but you have to really shrink the pics to get my new sled to show up... So, I did not bother.. One thing, I can tell you... I spent a ton of money on my XTX. From fully revalved shocks all the way around from Hygear (2500.00 U.S), Full Excell exhaust, PCIII, Changed the air intake with Filters. I had 5000.00 into that sled and my 06 Apex GT was a better sled, (stock). IMO, Yamaha should have never released it.. The balance on that sled was so off, it was not even funny... It was OK fast, but my 1200 Doo would have smoked it and it handled awesome.. The front end was completely junk on it... The Nytro was the worst sled ever built period and I am glad Yamaha got rid of it.. Trust me when I say this, I love Yamaha products, but that sled should have never been released to the general public.. Sorry, I feel like I am on a rant, because I really am... Just talking about that sled gets me fired up and it was the reason, I left Yamaha and went back to a Doo.

To each their own. For now, in my budget, I'm happy with it.

Heard back in the day the Yamaha race team refused to race them because they were unpredictable, handling

I have an 09 nytro xtx. Beast. But I love it. I have a 19 Sidewinder xtx. Beautiful sled and if dialed in would almost be worth what I paid. Most undependable pile of crap poor quality weak engineered money pit heart ache cant get parts wasting room in my garage sled I ever owned. But maybe its just me.

I have an 09 nytro xtx. Beast. But I love it. I have a 19 Sidewinder xtx. Beautiful sled and if dialed in would almost be worth what I paid. Most undependable pile of crap poor quality weak engineered money pit heart ache cant get parts wasting room in my garage sled I ever owned. But maybe its just me.

The Yamaha design is so well engineered that when something goes wrong, it goes REALLY wrong. The Arctic Cat/Yamaha sleds are much simpler and it’s nice being able to go to the Arctic Cat dealership for parts at a fraction of what Yamaha charges. Can’t complain like you did and not tell us what went wrong - two 2019 XTX LEs in the trailer and they’re the most dependable sleds we’ve ever owned. Did you try ordering parts from Arctic Cat?

You guys crack me up with your answers.

This is an old thread.

This is an OLD thread, but i'm bored so i'm going to chime in.
The original post was if the sidewinder was SOOO much better then his Nytro to justify $17,000.
These sleds are a decade apart so it's really not fair to compare & say any machine is better.
I ride a Winder, but rode with MANY Nytros. They were & are EXTREMELY dependable sleds.
FAR FAR FAR more dependable than these AC sleds, BUT i would never own one.

SO I SAY THIS:
We can give you the goods & bads to each. In the end it's not my $.
Eventually his sled will have so many miles he'll have no choice but to buy new & maybe he'll come back to this thread where i can say, if you have the money, UPGRADE to a Sidewinder.
Yes i've spent a lot of money & time on stupid engineering fixes, but to get a Nytro just to handle without flying off the trail takes just as much money.

And if he wants to stay Yamaha, he'll be buying an AC made chassis anyways.
Don't forget this thread is 3.5 years old & he probably already owns a new sled.

sidewinder is the biggest pile of crap I've ever owned oil tank leaking belt blowing coolant leaking garbage. it went to dealer ever couple rides to fix something that failed on it. my 09 xtx with probably 15000 kms on it boosted since day one is still going. I got over 6000 kms on a bunch of mountain trips on 1 yes 1 belt on nytro. save your money. there should be no reason at all to have to machine secondary to fix their stupid design and take welder to a 20k plus sled to keep chain case bolts from coming out.

fellas if your all bent out of shape about the comments maybe youd like to hear my or Dr feel goods list of repairs and guess what warranty didn't cover half of them

Back