• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How Much For 1st Service at your dealership?

sifty

Extreme
Will be picking up 2006 Attack today at dealership will I need to be sitting down when I get my bill for 1st service? What is everybody else paying?

You could change just the oil at 25 to 50 miles yourself, and again at 100 miles........then let them do the 1st oil/filter AT YOUR INSPECTION PERIOD.

Not to many dealerships are going to do anything like that for free........BUT.........

.......I guess that would be a good BUYING FEATURE for you though, work it into the buy ;)!

CHANGE OIL / FILTER
CHANGE OIL IN CHAIN CASE / ADJUST TENSION
CHECK TRACK TENSION / ADJUST
CHECK SKIS TOE OUT
GREASE ALL FITTINGS
CHECK ALL SUSPENSION PARTS / WHEELS, HYFAX, SHOCKS
CHECK EFI SYNC
CHECK PLUGS
CHECK COMPRESSION LEVELS ON ALL FOUR CYL's
CHECK ALL FULID LEVELS
CHECK PRIMARY & SECONDARY CLUTCHES

....CHECK YOUR WIPERS & CLEAN YOUR WINSHIELD.........U R GOOD 2 GO ;)! :D

Takes about 2 1/2 hours X Shop Rate PLUS TAXES

This being my first Yamaha and first four stroke (except my Elite), I went to my local dealer. I also wanted to get the certified service to validate my extended warranty in case I need it.

Bill was $277, including new hifax and changing the rear spring (I supplied the spring). I have since removed the suspension myself a couple times to make shock adjustments and it is the easiest skid I have ever removed and re-installed (thanks to TY for the helpful posts!).

I felt this was pretty steep, especially when I got it home to find out that they had overfilled the chaincase and on my first ride, the airbox fell off the injectors!

Then, the first time I took out the suspension, It was clear that they had dropped the suspension without removing the RA cable, so that was broken!

All in all, I will be doind all my own service in the future...

My dealer was $157 canadian for the following

Change oil and filter
4 quarts of yamaha 0W30
Filiter
Drain transfer case and switch to synthetic gear oil.
grease and suspension adjustments.

$110.00 First 500 miles service, which includes Lube, OIL and Filter, plus full inspection.

i paid $96 for an oil change and filter, full inspection (ie, track adjustment etc, chain tightening) and full grease job.

Back