• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How tall of a bar riser.............

Yamloyal

Extreme
How tall of a bar riser can you go with the stock cables?

I'm 6'9" so when I stand up I need to keep my legs bent alot to feel comfortable right now. Start to get sore after 150 miles.

What risers does everyone like best?

WOW!

Sounds like you will need one of the dual pivoting styles for your height. It's going to be hard enough to get the right height, but when you sit in those long straight aways you wouldn't want ape hangers either. To have them go up enough and pivot back at 6'9" :o| You might want to check out the riser book at your dealer. I just bought mine last week, and he had a section just with risers only. There was a bad #*$&@ looking set that had a ton of adjustment and height in them, but I didn't want to screw with my cables. I don't remember the name(not much help) I think they were about $130.00. They were slotted all the way on both sides for the most movement. Good luck

Rox

I'm 6'7" and ride standing 80% of the time. I used the Rox adjustable riser, 4"-5.5". I keep it mostly in the lower position, its comfy and corners faster when its not "ape hanger" style.

Rox Product number 1R-HA45SE

I'm very happy with it.

Re: Rox

gormleyflyer2002 said:
I'm 6'7" and ride standing 80% of the time. I used the Rox adjustable riser, 4"-5.5". I keep it mostly in the lower position, its comfy and corners faster when its not "ape hanger" style.

Rox Product number 1R-HA45SE

I'm very happy with it.

What did you use for bars? Flat bar? Or do you have a rise too? After I put a RSI pivot and the ROX bars on stock bars no longer fit due to the narrow bend in the center.

I just orderd up a new set of RSI Backcountry Bend Tapered bars that i'm picking up at the Puyallup snow show. Hoping the rise from the bars isn't to high with the ROX riser fully extended...

Thanks for all the info!

But anyone know how far I can go? I pulled the bars off and did a measurement of 2" before the cables seemed tight. Swapped jobs so I'm low on cash this year, figured I'd just try to make it better. Next year I want it perfect.

stock RTX bars.....although I think they are a bit different than standard FX and MTX models.

rotating them forward a bit gives a little more room with height.

????

Yamloyal said:
Sorry :o| forgot to say that mines a standard Fx

I went 3" with mine. A 2" straight piece form one set, and a spacer in between. Thats the max I could get out of my cables; on my 08 RTX

Back