• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to make 2018 Yamaha SRX 120 slower

GregoryN

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha SRX 120
Hi we just purchased a 2018 Yamaha srx 120 for our son. He is 3.5yrs old and we find for his first time out around the yard we would like the 120 to be a bit slower. When the clutch engages no matter where i put the speed control screw adjustment the sled still goes to fast for my liking. I adjusted the speed control screw down it helps with slower take off but when the snowmobile clutch fully engages the snowmobile still goes to fast. Any clutch adjustments or anything. Is there such thing as a lower gear? Thanks any help would be appreciated.

you could try gearing it down some but not aware of the gear ratios availible for it. i do know it uses #40 chain on it.

When my buddy's son started driving his Polaris 120 he tapped a dead 9v battery behind the throttle lever. His son was 4.5 years old and he found that even with the speed control screw turned all the way down his son would go way to fast especially on left turns(he would push the throttle and the bars at the same time). As he got older he changed to AA then no battery and started turning the speed screw up.

Back