• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hyfax breaking on install

punchtech

Veteran
I've changed out hyfax quite often and have never had problems like
I had on my 06 Vector. Had the sled in a heated garage
and when reinstalling the new slides as soon as they got
to the curve they would pull off and start to rip at the
corner inside the "t" profile. Basically they would not get up the
curve in the skid without breaking and\or pulling off the channel.
I ended up using a samll c-clamp to hold the sides of the hyfax together
as I tapped them up the curve to the stop. Has anyone ever heard of this
before? Thanks!

I spray my rails down with silicon spray prior to installing and they go right on....

I had the sliders dripping with silicone, and the rails
were lubricated also, bought a second set and had the same problem.
They slid on nice just couldnt make the bend in the rails without breaking.

I use white lithium greese ...I cake it on the rails and sliders , when it is time to replace they slide off very easy....But I have never had a problem at the bend other then it getting harder to push......

I've run into this but haven't had the hyfax break or tear. Maybe just got lucky. The curve is pretty tight so it helps to cut another set of vertical "slots" or two, to allow the hyfax to ben easier around the curve. Heating with a heat gun may help too.

My dealer used a hacksaw and made two cuts across the hyfax cutting down but not through the 'main' portion, just the sides, just above and back from where the screw goes through the slide. Went right on.

I just replaced them last week, did the same trick and it worked pretty well. I did have to pound them all the way on though, despite applying WD40 all along the rails.

Thanks fro the replys, I tried warming them with a heat gun and it helped
slightly, I think the cuts are the way to go next time.
Thanks

I lots of vaseline on the inside of the rail and they slide right on. Never had a problem with them breaking at the front curve but putting a slice or two in them near the front sounds like a slick trick.

Make sure they are the right size.
Sounds like they could be a bit big. When they hit the curve they naturally want to open up. Being too big might let them and then they slip off.
Beats me without seeing it. Otherwise I like the hacksaw approach

What brand of slides? I have had this same problem with the Supper Slippery slides. Making the cuts helps a lot, and I also used the c-clamp trick.

I agree, what brand? Sno-Stuff were junk for me. Yamaha OEM are better, but still like a little help to make the bend.

I think the replacements were sno-stuff, aftermarket of course.
I tried to get Yamaha oems from my local dealer but as usual
he had none in stock, wanted 5-7days to get them and 26.00 apiece.

Back