• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hyfax saga continued!

yeah the marginal snow kit from my dealer made a big difference on my mtx, seems like my track melts before the hyfax wear haha another maverick problem

I've got 5000 miles on my original hyfax. I ride alot off trail but I have seen my share of trail also. The sleds do seem to come to an almost stop on wearing. They get thin and stay there. I bet most people change them thinking they are wearing fast like they do in the beginning. Obviously low snow will wear them out but they do slow way down after 3/4

phzmtnlite said:
I've got 5000 miles on my original hyfax. I ride alot off trail but I have seen my share of trail also. The sleds do seem to come to an almost stop on wearing. They get thin and stay there. I bet most people change them thinking they are wearing fast like they do in the beginning. Obviously low snow will wear them out but they do slow way down after 3/4

I totally agree that the slides get thin and stay there.
I changed out two sets by the time my sled hit 3000 km's. Then, I had the dealer install clips to fully clip the track and also install new slides. That was 7,750 km's ago (almost 5000 miles).

WOW ... I know the clipping of the track has helped tremendously (along with the fact that I also tightened the limiter strap and loosened the track) but now I am second guessing myself if I changed the first two sets before their time. The current set wore to a spot and have stayed that way for most of this season. I figure I will get the rest of the year out of them, no problem.

As Pat the Rat said ... I too am shocked that I have gotten this long out of the current set of slides! We must have gotten a good set as this sort of thing is not supposed to be the norm for Yammie slides.

;)!

Back