• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hyfax wear on Nytro XTX

BADSLED

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro MC Xpress 270
2011 Apex SE
2021 Sidewinder LTX SE - SOLD
Has anyone been able to come up with a solution to minimize hyfax wear at the 6* bend on XTX suspension? My hyfax is nearly perfect after 1K miles with exception for this particular area.

How does a shaft help out in the bend, marginal wheel kits have no value added to front bend on xtx unless you are running your front spring at max tension.

BADSLED said:
Has anyone been able to come up with a solution to minimize hyfax wear at the 6* bend on XTX suspension? My hyfax is nearly perfect after 1K miles with exception for this particular area.
How wore are they. I have 1200 miles on mine with many of the miles being very marginal. The slides wore to a point(at about600 miles) and then stopped wearring. Check the thickness with a 10mm wrench(or to be safe, 11mm). See if you can slip the wrench over the slide at any point along the length of it, if not your still ok. Keep checking, to be sure they dont wear to less the 10 mm thick, you may be surprised at how many more miles you will get out of them. ;)!
There are only a few spots that I can get a 12 mm over on mine, so I will keep on riding :Rockon:

good news is that i rode my xtx this weekend for the first time sense i put a backcountry 1 3/4 track on with a fresh set of new yamaha ugrade wider hyfax and did the 4th wheel mod. and i went about 300 miles and i am completly worn out at the 6 degree bend on my first ride good thing the set of hyfaxs only cost me 40 something bucks and i got a ton of miles on them not really though, i guess it gives me a reason to do another mod and do the skidoo wheel kit :drink:

I now run a marginal snow wheel kit on the inside of the rails mounted right up flush to the "bottoming out rubber stoppers" which are located right at about the halfway point between the other installed OEM wheels mounted on the outside of the rails.

Hopefully this makes some sense - unfortunately the garage is pretty dark at 11pm for pics and the skids still all full of snow anyway.

Seems to be doing the trick for me thus far. . . .

BADSLED said:
How does a shaft help out in the bend, marginal wheel kits have no value added to front bend on xtx unless you are running your front spring at max tension.

As you can see the DOO wheels and the extra set in front of the small inners ones.

Attachments

• Allenwheels3 (Small).jpg
    Allenwheels3 (Small).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 331
  • wheels2 (Small).jpg
    wheels2 (Small).jpg
    64 KB · Views: 290
  • wheels1 (Small).jpg
    wheels1 (Small).jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 336
"Sledfreak" Are those wheels from HP or are they Fix's wheel kits?

How do you like the COBRA track on the XTX?

here's a few pics. the first is a shaft from vmax I junked, with reinforcement pinched in there. copied another guy on hear, awsome idea. also set those 2 with little more pressure and think it helped enhance the tip up concept.
second is an inner, plus an outer set of marg kits. nowear to speak of, 600mi.
second pic is my lawnboy relocate kit.
third are a dumb idea I had based on the race sled to ease the steering ratio. did the job, just felt to odd and removed them after 10mi
update, reverse pic order mentioned

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    484.8 KB · Views: 349
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    536.2 KB · Views: 445
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    373.8 KB · Views: 287
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    347.8 KB · Views: 292
I added 4 135mm kimpex "doo" wheels on the outside of the rails and the Yamaha marginal snow kit. 750 miles and my slides look like they have 50 miles on them. under $100 for the wheels and $50 for the wheel kit. Takes less than a half hour to install.

I got 1750 miles out of my stock slides, but in less than the first 100 miles, they looked 1/3 of what mine do currently. I also added ice scratchers, but one fell off about 100 miles ago.

My friend has an identical XTX. He is on his 3rd set of slides and they are down to less than 1/4 left, he has the exact same miles on his sled as mine on the exact same trails (we always ride together). So he has spent $150 on slides and almost needs them again, I have spent $100 on slides and $150 on wheels and my slides look awesome.....so I guess if you plan on putting more than 3000 on your sled, you'll come off ahead.

Back