• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I add a new exhaust to my MCXpress Turbo Phazer pics/video

Mad Cat

Extreme
Well for anyone who is thinking about getting a phazer and would like to hear what my new exhaust sounds like or would just like to see something you can do yourself to make your sled sound way better, here is what i done that was pretty easy to do and for very little cash as aftermaret exhaust go for big $$$$..
So I have been looking and reading whatever i could find to see what was out there to replace the exhaust on the phazers weither it is a stocker or a turboed sled and many people on other forms including TY have come up with some nice setups and as with every mod I have seen some real back yard jobs aswell lol if you know what I mean,I wanted to stay away from something like that lol.Now even some aftermarket companys have come up with some great systems and if your not handy this is the way you should go as they got it all the leg work done for you,all you do is put it on with no fitting,cutting etc... but they are a little pricey for me,So I started looking for something to do the trick which wouldnt break the bank, but it had to sound real good, but not too loud of course and it had to look :bling .So as i stated before the hindle pipe was a freebe but it was a day late as I ordered a new pipe (YANA SHIKI)off ebay a couple of days before i got offered the freebe but like us all i was still interested in hearing what the hindle pipe would sound like so I had to put it on and this way i could compare them both and which ever was the best sounding and gave the most Bling Bling appeal to the sled would be the one I would keep on the sled but either way I had to put something on to replaced the heavy MCXpress exhaust pipe that was on it ,as it was very heavy and way to restrictive for the turbo system,it also never looked very good so I went Ebay shopping and came up with the YANA SHIKI slip on exhaust pipe and got a real good deal on it as compared to the other aftermarket pipe shops I came across in my search and the YANA SHIKI was just the thing I was looking for as not only did it look wicked but it makes the sled run and sound way better.So here are some new pics and 2 little clips of her,now what do you think people.
I will try to get a better sound clip with the sled running across a field at WOT :4STroke:

Randoms282.jpg

Randoms290.jpg

Randoms292.jpg

Randoms286.jpg

Randoms291.jpg

Randoms287.jpg

Randoms283.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ztX-oFwuCU
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v328/ ... oms288.flv
ROGER

Has anyone put twin pipes on their phazer yet? Would like to hear what that sounds like..

Well now that I got it all installed and tried.I started think some bad thoughts about the lenght of the pipe because if I rolled the sled it would most likely break off or worse break my Turbo in some way as it is bolted directly to the turbo.There are some other reasons that i shortened it which are ,I lose all my carrying space on the tunnel for carrying supplies like grub,rope,and Gas etc... but i will be making a little 90 or 45 degree exhaust tip or spout that will turn the exhaust fumes out to the side of the sled instead of straight back at my supplies and I will be able to add or remove it depending on what im carrying.I dont want hot exhaust fumes to go back and burn the gear im carrying especially gas as that could make for a loud bang and a real weiner rooster which in my books would not be funny.I do belive Yamaha actually makes a spoute or something like it aswell,that anyone can buy through your local dealer to add to your Phazer or nytro stock system to reroute you fumes.So here are the pics Of what it is like now shortened up,now i dont have a clip of it short but i can get one if someone wanted it but i will tell you it is louder now.So what are your thoughts on my setup?
P.S I may get some ends or make some if i cant buy any and sell the other half of my Yana Shiki pipe as i cut it right down the middle,if anyone interested in buying it,shoot me a pm.
Thanks Roger

snowmobilingFeb132008071.jpg

snowmobilingFeb132008066croped.jpg

snowmobilingFeb132008066.jpg

snowmobilingFeb132008065.jpg

ROGER
[/quote]

aksteepndeep said:
So what was the hard starting issue? I never have had any luck below 20f if the sled it cold. Let me know please :rocks:
The hard starting issue was that i strted it up and shut it down right away and this fowled up the pluges put new in and it fired right up now mind you if it sets in the cold for any lenght of time or over night the next day the battery dont have enough go to start it.The dealer is getting me a ne battery,hope this works.
Roger

I also have a turboed phazer,but with a hindle pipe ,and it doesn't like to start when its cold.the dealer is going to put a cold start kit in it.but i wont know how its going to work now that the snows melting.

Back