• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I cannot side hill on my XTX. Any sidehilling tips?

beeze455

Expert
Website
www.gopherdesign.com
I am no expert rider and I am not riding wicked steep terrain, but I should still be able to put this thing on its side from time to time. Couple non-yammy buddies go on it and said the same. Plan on looking into those skin a-arms when they come out, but what cna I do now? Looking for some tips.

2011 XTX
Removed sway bar
tried and low settings on the front shocks
1.25 ripsaw track
roll over kit
pilot 6.9 skis

not that these matter

Roest skid plate
excel headers
geared and clutched
trail tank

beeze455 said:
I am no expert rider and I am not riding wicked steep terrain, but I should still be able to put this thing on its side from time to time. Couple non-yammy buddies go on it and said the same. Plan on looking into those skin a-arms when they come out, but what cna I do now? Looking for some tips.

2011 XTX
Removed sway bar
tried and low settings on the front shocks
1.25 ripsaw track
roll over kit
pilot 6.9 skis

not that these matter

Roest skid plate
excel headers
geared and clutched
trail tank

I dont know if you've done this but the xtx has an ajustable ski stance, move the skis to the inside position helps a bit... another thing that seemed to help me with sidehilling and powder carving was installing the oft steering relocate and a bar riser.

I suggust drinking heavily to gain a lot a mass to help throw her over, i dont have an issues, stand on the uphill side (duh) and lean back into the hill and off i go. That stock shitsaw track you have will not be helping.

also you should counter steer to start the motion....depending upon the snow depth, you might counter steer the whole time...

these sleds can side hill, just not as effortlessly as other sleds...

If the skis have spacer collars, moving the skis in helps alot. Also on an XTX you can run a 2" to 3" bar riser with an OFT steering relocator. This will get the bars up higher and give you more leverage for counter steering/pulling it over.
When riding I like to put both feet on the up-hill side and with the 144" (shorter tracked sleds)I like to place my rear foot towards the rear of the tunnel. Then use a combination of throttle and weight on the back foot to keep the tail-end slightly "down hill" from the skis. This helps keep the front end from diving down hill so that you can hold the side hill longer. Also it is much easier to get a XTX to side-hill, going up hill across a slope then down hill. This is because your in the throttle more, which helps keep the front end up easier.
It takes a bit of practice to get it down, the best part is your having fun while practicing ;)!

Bill

Zipperno said:
Interesting topic.

Does "Carls Cut" help with sidehilling? Anyone done it?

I feel the Nytros balance point is like riding on a knifes edge.... Its hard to keep it in a controlled sidehill. The more snow/powder it gets easier.

this would help i think: http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=100802

yamahamm said:
Zipperno said:
Interesting topic.

Does "Carls Cut" help with sidehilling? Anyone done it?

I feel the Nytros balance point is like riding on a knifes edge.... Its hard to keep it in a controlled sidehill. The more snow/powder it gets easier.

this would help i think: http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=100802

Yes Im aware of this new front end. Hopefully it will help alot....
Im ordering the Skinz front end one as soon as it is available.

Look where you want to go, drop your shoulder point your chin and push the flapper on the right side all the way forward. Its all about commitment. If you don't commit you won't be able to do it.

Ruckus said:
Look where you want to go, drop your shoulder point your chin and push the flapper on the right side all the way forward. Its all about commitment. If you don't commit you won't be able to do it.
x3
im only 135lbs and its all bout commitment and countersteering for me, let her fall over and mash the fun flapper.

disconnect your sway bar!!!

I waited too long to do it on my mtx and now I can do down hill turns and go back up something i was never able to do before!!!

I do not notice a big difference on the trail with out it either but you do need good shocks

Back