• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I like the technology but not too sure if I like the looks..

The FX Nytro looks sweet in person! Comfortable to sit down on and easy to stand up on! The sticker price is on the high side, but look at the similarly optioned out Doo's, Cat's, etc and I bet the pricing will be within a few hundred dollars!

:Rockon:

Why is everyone so negative (not just this topic)???

Take a step back and take a look at Yamaha's line up and its looking pretty good. They cover all of the bases with sleds that perform and fit well in each category - plus they are all clean running 4-strokes.

The new FX Nytro looks great to me. I like the looks, but even more I like the technology. Take a look at the suspension travel! Finally a Yamaha with a suspension that can truly be competitive with the competition.

Fuel injection, massive torque, best Yamaha suspension, symmetrical & modern looks (I don't like how the Phazer is totally different from left to right), and it even has a stiff headlight support frame.

Once any bugs are worked out I'm sure that FX Nytro would make for an extremely fun, reliable sled with plenty of power for most riders.

Hopefully the idler wheels will hold together better for 08...

About the only thing that caught my attention that I really don't like is the fuel tank is too small by a long shot IMO.

ReX said:
Why is everyone so negative (not just this topic)???

Take a step back and take a look at Yamaha's line up and its looking pretty good. They cover all of the bases with sleds that perform and fit well in each category - plus they are all clean running 4-strokes.

The new FX Nytro looks great to me. I like the looks, but even more I like the technology. Take a look at the suspension travel! Finally a Yamaha with a suspension that can truly be competitive with the competition.

Fuel injection, massive torque, best Yamaha suspension, symmetrical & modern looks (I don't like how the Phazer is totally different from left to right), and it even has a stiff headlight support frame.

Once any bugs are worked out I'm sure that FX Nytro would make for an extremely fun, reliable sled with plenty of power for most riders.

Hopefully the idler wheels will hold together better for 08...

About the only thing that caught my attention that I really don't like is the fuel tank is too small by a long shot IMO.

You nailed it!!! Yamaha has it now!!! WOW GREAT JOB YAMAHA!! But now i want a FX NYTRO RTX to sit next to my Apex and Rx1!!! GO GO YAMAHA!! :jump: :jump: ;)! :flag:

Skydog

Re: I like the technology but not at the cost of Ugly!!

Mighty said:
I was really hoping the new 130 fuelie would be pleasing to the eye, nope, it's Fugly :o| That ugly SOB is gonna make me re-think either picking up a leftover 07 Attak or putting a few dollars into this Rage I just picked up. I like the Rage, just want it a little more nimble. I might even go to the 1st Doo show in almost 10 years...................

Not sure how you come to this conclusion. I think it looks great, we wanted a 130 fuelie and we got it. This sled is supposed to pull like a mule and will give the apex a run for its money or take it on a hole shot. Should make this a great sled for the short races. :Rockon:

I think maybe you are right Allen and maybe I posted too quickly. I remember my reaction to the 06's when they 1st hit the web and hated the look of the seats. Then in person they looked great. The FX in white is growing om me ;)!

I like the painted side panels on the racer much more than the black on the consumer version. The contrasting colors make the sled look like it has a big beak. However, the painted side panels would likely scratch easily and then look worse than the black.

Maybe an all black scheme would be the ticket?? Love the technology in it though. Most appealing 4 stroke that Yammie has made for my style. Add a 136" x 2" track and keep the wieght down and it would be pretty much my ideal sled.

:yam:

I have a neighbor that has a Snowhawk, I just realized that the new Nytro looks kinda similar. I think its just coincidence but thought it was interesting.

Attachments

• 321.jpg
    321.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 08fxnytro_yellow_1_54a40294.jpg
    08fxnytro_yellow_1_54a40294.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 119
Dang, looking at that picture that stu posted that isn't a very pleasing to the eye sled..............Looks more like an old Doo Elan................

The top picture? or the bottom one?

Maybe becase I work with machines, I understand styling based on function or engineering design.
Basically with the new designs from doo and Y, the body panels seem to be shrink wrapped around the mechanical parts. I like it! Airplanes, race cars etc are function dictating style designs as well.

I personally find both to be really neat looking sleds. Being an engineer, I've always had a facination with form following function (ie looks are just a by product of the usefulness)

Tork said:
The top picture? or the bottom one?

Maybe becase I work with machines, I understand styling based on function or engineering design.
Basically with the new designs from doo and Y, the body panels seem to be shrink wrapped around the mechanical parts. I like it! Airplanes, race cars etc are function dictating style designs as well.
I will reserve any further comments until after I see one in person :ORC

i like the lineup.... i think you will see the nytro line expanded to include a 136 (next year)... the colors dont do much for me..... i like the BLUE!!!!!

cant wait to throw a leg over the nytro friday....

I think I figured out that it is the bird beek styled hood that is off putting to some folks. They should have had one available in Black which would change the looks completely.
Or the white overlay on the puffy side panel should have been blue which would have helped too

Hold you fingers over the hood and you can see that much of the rest of the new Nytro is a function over form masterpiece.

FX%20Nytro%20012.jpg

Back