• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I need to Vent!!!

sxmatt

Pro
I just can't believe they way someone gets treated/talked to when you want to talk to a performance shop about a product or service.. Case in point, I want to stop or minimize the hard bottoming on my Attak. Since it is the end of the season and I have the shocks out of the sled and are going to have them freshened up for next season, I wanted to see if any aftermarket shops had done any TESTING for this problem. I can never get a good, easy to understand answer. It is always a generic response. When you try to understand what they are saying by asking more questions they just don't seem to what to be bothered. I am PISSED. I am looking for something that has been tested! :die

Has anyone had their KYB internals revalved? Who did it and what kind of luck did you have with that shops setup.

I already have the optional spring in my Attak and can honestly say that in the majority of conditions I ride in this is the best riding snowmobile I have ever ridden. But there are those certain bumps or sections of rough trail that no matter what I do I can't keep it from bottoming out.
Sorry for going off.

Matt

Any suspension is gonna bottom in certain bumps. There are mechanical limits to any machine. If you are having just a little trouble, have them bump up the compression damping "just a little". If it's kicking you, have them up the rebound as well. Contact Pioneer Performance or Maxximum Performance. Either place can set you up in a Jiffy. They both know Yammi shocks inside and out.

Matt, i totally agree, The rear needs to be a little more progressive and with the heavier spring it feels like the rebound is a little too fast. I had planned on talking to Pioneer perfomance/Bruce Schrader or possibly Hygear. would love to come up with a dual rate spring setup and revalve the rear. Who did you talk to????

Sure seems reaasonable to me. I had asked this last year about an RX but no response. I would think maybe progressive or even something like an M-10, a "helper" spring. This may not fit however. Maximum's website doesn't even know there is an Apex, Pioneer may be the best approach. Some have said that Yamaha had progressive srpings on some prototypes, but they never made it to production

A few weeks ago. I spoke to Ross at Hygear Suspension regarding these monoskids. He's working on a progressive spring package for these monoshock sleds. He hopes its available for next season. I can't wait beacuse I think thats the ticket for this skid. He can also re-valve your stock shock with some additional compression damping if you need it. I think he charges around $75.

I agree, it seems like a progressive spring would be a good approach. I think Hygear is usually at the Syracuse snow show in Oct, maybe they will have something there. It would be interesting to hear if someone knows why Yamaha didn't do there, it can't cost much different for the spring and they have done them before.

sxmatt said:
I just can't believe they way someone gets treated/talked to when you want to talk to a performance shop about a product or service.. Case in point, I want to stop or minimize the hard bottoming on my Attak. Since it is the end of the season and I have the shocks out of the sled and are going to have them freshened up for next season, I wanted to see if any aftermarket shops had done any TESTING for this problem. I can never get a good, easy to understand answer. It is always a generic response. When you try to understand what they are saying by asking more questions they just don't seem to what to be bothered. I am PISSED. I am looking for something that has been tested! :die

Has anyone had their KYB internals revalved? Who did it and what kind of luck did you have with that shops setup.

I already have the optional spring in my Attak and can honestly say that in the majority of conditions I ride in this is the best riding snowmobile I have ever ridden. But there are those certain bumps or sections of rough trail that no matter what I do I can't keep it from bottoming out.
Sorry for going off.

Matt

Slowing down did you try that? Always works for me!

Maxximum Performance most certainly DOES know an Apex exists. They are great to deal with and very, very knowledgable. Give them a call. Or Pioneer. Both places revalve for under $50.00 and know everything there is to know about Yamahas.

Red

Maxximum has gone out of business. I have done a lot of business with them in the past. Sorry to see them go. I have talked with Pioneer and they said they can help BUT had not done any true testing on a setup.

I would really like to get something that has most of the bugs worked out of a setup so that it is a bolt it in and go package.

I had maxximum respring and revlave my 02 viper and it was awesome. This was a package they had worked on and tested during that first season. I just can't believe with all the complaints of harsh bottoming of the mono that there are not tested packages out there.

My other point in my origional post is that some aftermarket companies just are down right rude when you are looking for help and answers to a problem. I don't know about you guys but I have learned to get as much information and options on a product before a purchase. It seems some shops are not willing to work with you to get you what you need. I have not had this experience with Pioneer, but with other aftermarket shops I have.

Matt

Back