• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I was wondering what I should be looking for in price range

daveh

Extreme
I was wondering what I should be looking for in price range for Apex ER or Attak? I am from the Northeast (NH).
I plan on converting it to a GT like sled but want the red. Leaning toward the ER but am considering the Attak as well. I see that Yami offers the GYTR shocks for 299. and the Olins GYTR for 399. Anyone know what the difference is? My understanding is that the Ohlins rear elctronic shock is more or less plug and play but has limited availability (I would not bother on the Attak). I was quoted one price of 9900 for the ER and 10,800 for the GT but that was without any negotiation, I simply asked what they listed at. The dealer I was at told me that there are no more Yami bucks on these either.

I know there have ben some similar posts but they get a bit convoluted. I believe this is my virgin post on this site (and will be mt first Yamaha) so don't hurt me bad.

Thoughts

Dave

RE: previous post

After reading my first post I do not indicate clearly that I am only referencing front shocks with regard to the price. The rear shock price is a whole different ball game.
Sorry for any confusion.

Dave

Hi Dave, welcome to the site. Er list is 10 grand, Attak is 10,400 list.
Just a ball park try for $1000 off then you are not doing too bad. As the season starts this could be harder to do though

The ER/Attak stock front shocks are not bad at all.
If you want the GT fronts you do get maximum adjustability.

Best prices you will be able to get on shocks is 10% off list.
go in the vendor section under Port Yamaha, send an email or PM.

Thanks Tork :rocks:

Are the dealers still giving out the Yami bucks or is that dead, maybe that is per dealer? I need that red.

I will check out Port Yamaha.

Dave

Yes they do, you can go here and you will see it in one of the square boxes.
The cash value of it is prolly somewhere like $200-250 on the $400 dollarshttp://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/434/0/home.aspx

What you have to do is discuss with your dealer price with bux and without. Have it clearly noted on your purchase agreement which way you decided to go with the acc money.

Just keep this in mind, the dealer that prices you a few bucks higher may be the one that gives you better service.

Pullinfront,

Yep, that was per shock so 550-600 for a set up front (or 750-800
for Ohlins up front). Were you out of Plaistow? I am in Danville but grew up in Plaistow.

Dave

Ridgerunner,

I would but I really want that red color. GT is only in black right?
If I could get the ER at ~9000. I would not have a big problem dressing it up to have the GT shock package over time, startig with the the front clickers.

Thanks

Dave

Folks,

My first foray netted a dealer offer of 9300. as their best price OTD. It is a bit unclear to me whether I get accessory money or not with that but they indicated that their cost with prep is ~9100. What do you think?
I am planning on shopping around more but am interested in your opinions. This is for the Red Apex ER. I will be calling Ken's in the AM.

Thanks

Dave

Green Lantern

Where is Culley's located?

I live in Southern NH (Danville)

Dave

Back