• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ice build up in tunnel? Here's relief!

stopped at local hardware store to get some lithium spray and found some, Dupont teflon silicone lubricant . waterproofs, protects and lubricates from -40f to +400f. Helps prevent snow sticking and rusting. I will try this on my wifes sled and the CRC white lithium on my sled. May take a while not rideing again till next week...

There also used to be a product at implement dealers called sno-wax. Farmers, etc. would coat their buckets on their tractors to keep snow from sticking. My dad has some left I might try.

yami ryder said:
stopped at local hardware store to get some lithium spray and found some, Dupont teflon silicone lubricant . waterproofs, protects and lubricates from -40f to +400f. Helps prevent snow sticking and rusting. I will try this on my wifes sled and the CRC white lithium on my sled. May take a while not rideing again till next week...

Great! This will be a good comparison. Are you putting them on frozen or warm tunnel?

Let the problem solving begin.

yami ryder said:

That sounds like a winner. Let us know how it works!

Attachments

• dupont.gif
    dupont.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 106
Lowes has the Dupont Teflon Lubricant for $3.99 a can.

Go to the dollar store and get a can of furniture polish. Works well and is cheep.

My local wire supplier is also a CorrosionX distributor. I always have regular CorrosionX around and am still planning to test it, but the supplier also has a product not listed on the website. While CorrosionX is specifically NOT a wax, they make an aerosol product that specifically IS a wax coating. I bought some for the ice release testing this weekend. Just another idea. Since none of these coatings will last forever I want to find the one that is effective and lasts the longest.

SB

Great topic guys! I have to tell you I am absolutley astonished at how much ice build up I have on this XTX. I love the sled but I have 1300 miles on and the morning routine is go out and pound away under the tunnel with a hammer and break up the big ice chunks. Not fun. I will be trying some of these products and chime in when I have some results to post.

Well I'm getting my sled ready today for the UP. I might stop by Lowes to see if they have the Dupont spray. Otherwise I'll try the WD40 or the Sno-Wax if we have any left. Pam spray might work too. hmmm

I tried the dead blow hammer (have it hanging in the trailer) Gonna have to give the sprays a try. my buddy has an 09 nytro and he wont put anything on it so we will be able to compare at various points during the trip. I think it would adhere best if completely dry and in a warm garage allowing for good curing time IMO.
Maybe i'll check out menards, see what they have and try something different than what is posted on the boards here, and then we will all have a little bit of info on different products, and what works/doesn't work.

Back