• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

idle rpm suddenly changed?

snugmat

Was on a long 3 day ride (610 mi.) and about 1/2 way thru my 05 rx-1 started idling faster. Since i've had it (3000 mi.) it has idled at 1650 rpm's. All of a sudden it changed to 2100 rpm's Then after it would idle for a while it would sometimes drop to 1850 rpm's. Also starts like its flooded sometimes. This is all fully warmed up. I'm wondering if I've got a choke hanging up. any input would be greatly appreciated.

This happened to me this year also, 7,000 miles, 04 Warrior.
I was thinking one or more of the pilots was dirty or maybe even a needle seating problem. I assume a carb clean would be the fix, any thoughts?

I'm with them......sounds like some dirt got in fuel and/or line and blocked one or more of the pilots. Less fuel = more air = higher idle, at least in my mind :Rockon:

Thanks for the input guys. I'll give her a good carb cleaning and see what happens.

Attachments

• 1%20YAMAHA%20NYTRO.jpg
    1%20YAMAHA%20NYTRO.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 71

Back