• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I'm getting a popping at wide open throttle

1yamadog

Veteran
Hi I have a white nuckle exhust and the cr10ek plugs in and is acts like its back firing. Its a popping noice that come when I open it up. Any help would be great I've tried the ulmar air box adjustments but very little differance. I've gone from 0-10 and a few in the middle with not much luck getting ride of the popping.

Its a 06 rxt, last year after I changed the pipe it would do it once in a while. Now that I've changed the pluges its doing it alot more. Not sure If I should take it to the dealer or not. He doesn't do much in preformance work so I'm not sure what he can do for me with the parts on there. It seems to be reving up to 11000 and drops down to 10500.

How do the new plugs look? Are they burning all the same color? Did you try the stock plugs to see if it gets better? Is there a chance you got a bad tank of gas? Make sure the airbox boots are seated on the throttle bodies correctly. Thats were i would start to look

Mine is doing the same thing, but I'm not sure if it is doing it at the rev-limiter, maybe a little before. I have an '06 GT that I have changed the plugs, cut the airbox, adn have Bender's quiet trail pipes with a clutch kit also. I did all the mods together so I didn't have a chance to ride it after each mod to see what is causing it.
Mine doesn't do it every time I nail it, only some times, and I haven't narrowed it down yet as to when it does it the most. It's pretty quiet when it does it, and doesn't seem to loose an rpm's or power.
I don't have any way of checking my A/F ratio either, but I wonder if it may either need a little less timing at the top end, or possibly a little more fuel.
Nate

It's over revving and touching the rev limiter at the hit of the throttle when it's spinning. If you have adjustable weights add 1 gram to the heel position.

I've got heel clickers in it so I'll try putting the weight in to see if that helps. I'm lossing rpm's so I have some clutch work to do anyways. I'll give ulmer racing a call they seem to have the clutching dialed in pretty good. thanks for all your help.

Back