• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I'm sorry....

Ohiohntr

Extreme
Figured out the only thing worse than owning a 2smoke is following one....went from an 02 Poo XCSP to an 09 Nyrto XTX recently. My wife was immediately happy to get the oil/smoke smell out of the house and garage.

Rode with my neighbor (700 Vmax...at least it was a Yammie) this weekend and followed him because he knew the route....was like following someone with pepper spray coming out the pipe. I walked in the house with my new Klim bibs smelling like I was at an indoor go-cart race all day.

So....for every 4stroke that had to follow me last year, I'm sorry

Funny
My riding buddy has a 600 Rush, when I am following I drop way back - becoming indignant about the exhaust on those things.
Everyone thinks I am slow. Just trying to avoid shortening my life inhaling that crap.lol
MS

I find I get nautious following them for too long and I ride MX but it doesn't seem to affect me then. Followed an 800etec last weekend and could hardly wait to get in front.

I hate following synthetic oil burners. makes me think it's my hyfax!

We followed a pair of mid-90's poos a couple weeks ago. I don't wonder at all why they were getting single digit mileage. They had to have been blowing raw fuel out their exhaust!

Its funny but I know when I am catching up to one when riding. I can smell em. Better than radar. lol

Its just amazing . I used to love the 2smoke smell. It was like heaven on earth. Sledding all day, park the sled in the garage and everything smelt of a great day of riding.
Now I can't stand that stench!
Can smell them stinkers a mile ahead of me in the trails.
Had to follow 2 ACs last year for a day because they were insistant that they new the route better than I did. I had such a headache when I got home. Then I wondered how I ever spent the weekend driving my old 2smoker and loving that smell. Just amazing how things have changed for me since I made the switch to 4s.

This is so funny and true. I have 2 sets of riding gear helmets goggles and all. One set for every day up north riding and one set for when I go to the bay with the kids to ride around and watch races. I too used to love the smell and sound, now it gives me a long lasting headache.

makes you wonder how "efficient" those two strokes actually are with the direct injections and all the fancy emissions technology...i will just stick to my 4 stroke

Last week I was reading this and thinking I have never really noticed 2 stroke smoke that bad. Yesterday I was behind a 13 800 Cat and a 600 Backcountry. I thought to myself, whats that smell?? Checked my guage then realized it was their exhaust and then I immediatly thought of this thread!

2 stroke smell ain't great. Especailly when a pack of them goes by. Yami spoils us.

I am the first out of my enclosed trailer if two strokes are with. They know don't load while I am in there. Funny! Or they don't get asked to go with again.

p0wd3rp1l0t said:
makes you wonder how "efficient" those two strokes actually are with the direct injections and all the fancy emissions technology...i will just stick to my 4 stroke

Actually, the two 600 ETECs in our group get better mileage than my Apex and usually better than the Phazer as well.

When I am easy on my 800 E-Tec I am getting 18-19mpg. No joke. Things change when I get into the loud handle though. :)

Back