• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Impact shock!

Superfletch said:
I know the guy who posted and called him out on the 2 lengths comment. Said he didn't want to get bashed for saying more than 2,Lmao!

Ya you can tell from reading your story then reading that one that there is certainly some mixed info someplace lol the way I look at it is that even if you only beat him 2 sled lengths in 600-700 feet that's a pretty good whoppin. Talking with Dale from D&D about the barker exhaust they have on their viper and he said stock viper against a stock xf800 the viper would come out right with the cat and hang there til around 80. With the barker on, the viper would get a jump on the 800 and stay In front and the 800 never caught back up to the viper. Looks like 10hp does a lot for these sleds! Wish I didn't have so many noise restrictions where I ride or there would be a barker on mine right now

Very funny thread over there at the "other site", amazing how people loyal to one brand or the other put on blinders sometimes.

Dont care if he won by 3 inches 2nd place is 1st loser!! lol. Way to go.Sounds like you might want to check out these areas a bit before you go 100mph down them. Your very lucky. I cant say much done the same a few times. Always shaking my head when I walk away

I just went over there and read all 5 pages....OMG! Laugh my but off!!!!

Some of the Doo guys are thinking that it was the old Viper that beat them...rotflmao! "Had some kind or fuel adjuster, clutch overdrive and had different jets in it" LMAO I'm crying i'm laughing ouyt loud!

Then you have the guys who commend the 4 stroke power of the Nytro or Apex they used to have and would "Jump ship" if they got the suspensions figured out.

Then gearing, when does it stop ROTFLMAO!!!!!

stingray719 said:
Very funny thread over there at the "other site", amazing how people loyal to one brand or the other put on blinders sometimes.

EXACTLY!!!! Hahaha ROTFLMAO!

NOS-PRO said:
I just went over there and read all 5 pages....OMG! Laugh my but off!!!!

Some of the Doo guys are thinking that it was the old Viper that beat them...rotflmao! "Had some kind or fuel adjuster, clutch overdrive and had different jets in it" LMAO I'm crying i'm laughing ouyt loud!

Then you have the guys who commend the 4 stroke power of the Nytro or Apex they used to have and would "Jump ship" if they got the suspensions figured out.

Then gearing, when does it stop ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Ya I'm not exactly sure what they were getting at with the gearing. Yamaha obviously isn't gonna go through the trouble of making a whole new sled and gearing it low for power but only have it do 80mph. 0-80 viper is gonna be as fast as any sled. People just assume after that they are done. From 80-top speed I'm sure an 800 is faster but the viper still gains too. If you get a 2-3 sled length jump with the viper it will take a stock 800 prolly darn close to a mile before it will run the viper down. Once you fall back at all in a race it takes forever to catch back up with sleds that have close to the same power. Then there's always the classic "I was gaining on you" lol I'm sure that will come out if it hasn't already.

I expected to be about even or a length ahead but it was more. The time he was 2 was when we didn't have a starter and went on his go, all the others including one that he didn't even finish, were many more. Its funny as our group has been emailing on this all day and I told them about the other thread and now its rematch time lmao! His sled didnt idle right, he just wants a fair shot again. Well tonight the Ulmer clutch kit goes in and airbox mods, Hindle header and power commander. Looks like a radar run is in order.

Also I normally don't do dumb high speed runs and its a lesson I preach and have confirmed, don't try this at home.

Superfletch how do you like the D&D barker so far for power gains? I rode the D&D demo viper with it on and thought it felt pretty comparable to mine after I did the clutch kit. Was it a noticeable bolt on difference?

Studroes144 said:
Top speed was 7 mph faster on the doo I believe than the viper but et time was only .3 seconds.. .3seconds is half a sled length at the most. Then u can say the viper has 30 less hp and more weight, I'll stick to my viper

Actually, .3 seconds is 4 sled lengths approximately, [44 feet ] at 100 mph.

[(100 X 5280) / (60 X 60)] X .3

A vehicle is covering 146.6 feet per second at 100 mph.

The D&D is loud, sounds good and can feel a slight improvement up top. Not sure on the airbox mod till I get it back. And to be fair I will prob post gains and not details on work done. Dave at Hurricane can answer those question :)

All I know is I am getting this thing sorted and truly expect to be upper 150's hp NA. I dont claim to know alot about sleds but I do know motors. Clutching is my weakness.

Back