• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

In Need of Clutching Advice!!

coldwater

Extreme
I have just ordered this setup: Primary G-W-G, Secondary White, Shockwave Helix, and Supertips. I am definitely a novice when it comes to tuning my clutching and was wondering if anyone could help me find a good starting point with my supertip weights.

My sled just got a facelift with a 162x16 and I am looking to get my rpm's back up. I also have an ECP kit and under-tunnel exhaust. I have read that the optimum rpm is right around 10800 to 11000 with my setup. I mostly boon-dock and hill-climb.

At home we just got a new foot of snow on top of several previous feet and I am gonna be craving to ride.... the quicker I can get this dialed the better!

Anyone? Does someone have a ballpark setup? Should I leave the tips empty and weight the mid and base?

You can start with 8 washer in the heel,0 in the mid and 1 at the tip.I see that you have the shockwave adjustable helix,try to start with the same angle as your original.You will have to play with your helix if you want more back shifting in the powder or less.I see that you have a lot of adjustability for a novice,do yourself a favor an buy the AAEN clutch tuning book and read it again an again,this is the bible of clutching.

Remember if you want to adjust your rpm,always do it on the primary.If you want to adjust backshifting do it on the secondary.if you adjust backshifting and loose rpm,rework the primary to adjust rpm back. :flag:

I see that you want to do hill climb and got 162x16 track,i would suggest that you lower your gear ratio in the chain case if it's not already done.

Thanks!!! I'll give that a try and see where I can go from there.... The shockwave was purchased for the riding here in the coastal mountains... snow conditions vary continually from powder to cement. Also already got it geared down... so hopefully will be were I want after this!! Thanks again.

Back