• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Install anti ratchet drivers changing to 136" 1.5 ripsa

otis

Expert
I am in the process of putting a 136" extension on my Mono RA rear suspension with 1.5" ripsaw. I am trying to decide if I should go with anti ratchet drivers or keep it the same.

What do you all think?

Otis

When you have the drive axle off anyway install the Ski-Doo 2.52 pitch extroverts they are durable and well manufactured. You will need a track with all windows open that is fully clipped.

Anti-ratchet's are great for the low end torque that these sleds produce. The 'Doo ones are the best out there and considering that they're so inexpensive, you're getting a great bang for the buck.

I have anti-ratchet's and I would not go back to regular drivers.

Whose kit are you using to stretch your mono? I would like to extend mine, but gave up because of geometry problems. Did you pick up a 136 mono skid instead?

Skidoo extroverts

Does anyone have the part numbers for the ski-doo drivers? Do I need just 2 for the inside or all 4 like stock? How do I get the old ones off and the new ones on? Do I need to take them somewhere and get them pressed on?

Thanks for the advice.

Otis

PS I am running the trackusa rail extensions and hartman tunnel extension. I don't think the track will get too messed up with the extensions and if I run the track loose with the extroverts.

BRP Extroverts are as follows:

8 tooth #504152552
9 tooth #504152503
10 tooth #504152502

these drivers are appx. $50 US each

I wish I would have installed these instead of the Kinetics I'm running now. The Kinetics are good, but these are better.

You need only two drivers and you will have to press them on/off. Have a shop do that for you, they'll take all the measurements and place them accordingly. They shouldn't charge you more than 1/2 hr labour for that.

What is stock for an 03 RX-1 8,9 or 10 tooth drivers? What will happen if I use them on a track that is clipped only every 3rd window?

Otis

drivers

rx 1 mtn,s came with 8 tooth drvers. std rx 1,s came with 9 tooth and yes you must run a fully cliped track. as well as cut down the drivers.

JDMCRX said:
If u use a antirachet device on a non fully clipped track ur gonna do some dmage to alot of things and its gonna vibrat like a bitch

????

I've run anti-ratchets in the past clipped every third on some race sleds, it works fine with no vibration or damage. You need to have all the windows OPEN of course, but you don't necessarily have to go full clip. I do imagine the track will probably last longer in a trail application if you clip it fully though.

otis said:
What is the consensus? Fully clipped or not with extrovert drivers?

Otis

If you use hiperfaxes , fully clipped . If you use stock hyfaxes all windows have to be punched open , but only every 3rd clipped. Hyperfaxes will melt your track ,if not all clipped. ;)!

Back