• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Intermittent lean condition

MOUNTY said:
I have learned that all gas is not the same, I seem so be a sucker for high octane and would fill up at a certain gas station whome would have 94 octane. When I fill up at this place, my fuel air ratio is all over the place and lean. If I fill up at any other place with 92 octane, my fuel air ratio is bang on to where it should be. I run 5-7Pds. of boost at any given time unless I go to the mountains.
Mabee try a different gas than your usual. I know we all have our favourite places to buy gas, but what is good for our sleds sometimes takes residence.
Hi Mounty good point there! I installed a push turbo on my 2010 MTX and in the accompnying notes was a warning about various additives in fuel drastically affecting the lean/rich variation while riding. Apparently there is one corporate station in Canada that sells pure, no additive fuel at 91 octane and there logo looks like a clam ;)! I run this fuel with about 20% race fuel @ 10lbs and above 3500' without issue

Back