• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex Mpi S/C autotune help

Tiny

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 yamaha Apex XTX
Hey guys, I have a 2011 yamaha Apex MPI supercharger 6lbs boost. I'm learning as I go guys so any advise will be appreciated.
I am having troubles building my pc5 basemap with autotune specially on lower boost and rpm range. Could the exup cause me some grief maybe by confusing autotune with the exhaust valve being closed at lower rpms? For example, the autotune will make high lean trims and if I accept them I'll get bad lean pops hitting AFR 16s coming off throttle.

No on EXUP its just limiting air flow not changing the amount of fuel in it. What is your aim value that the auto tune is trying to aim to? These motors love it rich even at low RPM. Now you can go to far but if your trying to hit 14.7 while cruising it won't be happy in all situations.

Here is a pic of my target AFR. My issue is the first 2 columns 0.00 and 1.23 up to 7000rpms.

Attachments

• received_892603248600648.jpeg
    received_892603248600648.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 64
When I setup my Stage 2 [22PSI] Super Charged Apex with Auto Tune, Pod 300, ect I could not get it to run right using pressure for AFRs and had to revert to throttle position like you would do on a non boosted Apex.

When I setup my Stage 2 [22PSI] Super Charged Apex with Auto Tune, Pod 300, ect I could not get it to run right using pressure for AFRs and had to revert to throttle position like you would do on a non boosted Apex.
I’m having a hard time with that in my Motec as well. Luckily the Motec is extremely capable and I have the right settings to handle the ITB set up but you may be limited on the dyno jet stuff.

Back