• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is a 2010 Vector worth the additional cost over a 2008/2009

markshop said:
Oh yea i forgot to mention the 2010 has replacable bearings in the idler wheels. Also for extra cooling it has a radiator with a fan behind the oil tank when needed for those low snow conditions. Also grease fittings on the upper and lower a-arms. I think all in all there has been quit a lot of very important improvements.

18 posts and you're an expert on this sled and others in general.

Sorry...just having fun with you...it's just too easy on this site sometimes. ;)!

You dont learn from posting. You learn from reading other posts. I also did my homework before buying this sled. I rode polaris for 30 years and it was kinda hard to switch brands so i did all the reading i could before buying. I now think yamaha is the most reliable sled on the market. This is my first yamaha sled so thats why i dont have many posts. If you look you will see i have only been a member since november. Besides i dont measure knowledge by the number of posts a person has.

IMHO the 2010 Vector LTX GT has so many improvements that it is the best Yammy ever built. Still Room for improvements however. Seat sucks,Dru clips suck. Acessory windshiels suck. Storage sucks. Skis suck.

But it is still one of the best overall trail sleds in the industry. Just my opinion, but I could be wrong.

markshop said:
You dont learn from posting. You learn from reading other posts. I also did my homework before buying this sled. I rode polaris for 30 years and it was kinda hard to switch brands so i did all the reading i could before buying. I now think yamaha is the most reliable sled on the market. This is my first yamaha sled so thats why i dont have many posts. If you look you will see i have only been a member since november. Besides i dont measure knowledge by the number of posts a person has.

Kinda sounds like me...I owned 14 Polaris' then I bought a Vector. I'll let this go...you win.

edit - I will add that the Polaris' I owned:

1. Never left me stranded on the trail like my Vector did
2. Never made me cut a trip short like my Vector did

But for the kind of riding I do (big miles touring) they are #1 ;)!

I have both the 2009 and the 2010 and I can tell you if you want the best sled get the 2010 GT LTX stud it with 108 and you will not be sorry. Great sled that you can ride all day with the power to keep up to the bigger sleds. :Rockon:

I had an Apex and like this sled better. Now you may want to wait for the new EPS Apex for next year.

Another vote for the 2010: FI is a major improvement in my mind just for the easier starting. And my 2005 starts very easy BUT just that fact that you have to attend to it for a couple minutes while you ease off the choke during cold starting is a (minor I know) pain in the arse. I got married 'cuz I was tired of chokin' it - so same for sledding!

Why would you even think about buying a sled with carbs when it is available with FI. Yamaha should be embarrassed to even sell a sled with carbs anymore.

Basing the 2010 GT to the former 2007 GT that was in our shop (don't own, but have had several ride sessions) I like the 2010 way better. More power, better handling and ride IMO, no choking just turn the key, minimal engine braking and better looking. That's just my 2 cents.

The Dodge Grand Caravan and the Chrysler Town and Country are essentially the same vehicle. Why does one cost a thousand or two more??? Different options and more refinement. They have the same chassis and ride the same but one is just a little nicer. If you are looking to jump on a good sled and go, either will suit you.
Look back at the complaints that are out there on the vector. Why is it not fuel injected? How come the hand warmers don't work? Why can't we have grease fittings on the front suspension? How come the rear suspension keeps braking? Well Yamaha listened to those questions and came up with an answer. The 2010 Vector. With upgrades comes money and only you can decide if it's worth it to you. It was for me.

Back