• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is a vector right for me ?

Theroofer

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Vk540
With help from you guys on here I’ve decided on a vector . I found a 2016 xtx 1.75 track leftover for a great price too . I was talking to a friend with a garage full of Yamaha’s and his newest is a 14 vector which I have driven and it’s amazing . . And he told me that for the way I ride and specifically my wife, the vector may not be for me . We like to just cruise rather slow and I like to ride off trail and take my time . I didn’t realize that the 4 strokes are cooled similar to the liquid cooled 2 strokes . Do you guys think I would have a problem with over heating ? I drive a vk540 fan cooled and had a bearcat fan cooled before that . Never had a problem with them . I did have a sno pro 500 that my wife road for a season but it would overheat a little because she just didn’t like to get on it enough to keep it cool. I would really like to get the vector just don’t want to have a problem . Thanks ahead of time .

Good thing you have ridden the Vector and liked it coming off a Viking 2s totally different feel with 4s weight and engine breaking. Reading your other post I too recommend a Transporter as a very likeable step up for you better riding position and more 2s power. Best of luck with the Vector a very reliable 4s sled for sure.

So your sled is going to be front heavy . First thing I would look into is wider skis. for the last 4 years Iv'e had on Slydog powder hounds ( 7" ) wide and they help a great deal when we go off trail.
Even with a 1.25" track I rarely get stuck . On the trail the Slydogs work excellent! For extra cooling you can mix water wetter's with the antifreeze . I purchased a Vector some years ago used . The previous owner installed a Small cooler with a fan out of a Nytro and I've never had any cooling issues with that sled . It looks very easy to install. You could check with Travis at barn of parts for a used one with the mounting brackets .
Basically its the same motor so It should fit right in .
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/dual-fan-setup-for-radiator.137272/
This is a good thread on adding a dual fan setup to a Nytro

Get the Vector and enjoy

Thanks guys . I am sure the vector is a great sled my only real concern was it overheating because of the slow riding we will be doing . My wife will be driving the vector I’ll be on my vk540 . The transporter looks nice but it’s almost $3000 more than what I can get the new vector for and I think it too is liquid cooled . It’s either the vector or a fan cooled 2 stroke . Thanks

If there is enough snow dust being thrown up on the heat exchangers the vector will be fine.

Thanks guys . I am sure the vector is a great sled my only real concern was it overheating because of the slow riding we will be doing . My wife will be driving the vector I’ll be on my vk540 . The transporter looks nice but it’s almost $3000 more than what I can get the new vector for and I think it too is liquid cooled . It’s either the vector or a fan cooled 2 stroke . Thanks
Better have wifey ride a Vector 4s especially at slow speeds totally different animal for her and if a conservative driver engine braking might throw her for a loop. I’m thinking a transporter is worth every penny of that $3k to keep her riding and happy speaking from wife riding experience.

I have 3 daughters and the wife that share a Vector and none of them complain about the engine breaking . I will say the soft start spring from BOP made a difference in the clutching . If your just going slow many start and stops a soft start spring is a must have .

The 16 vector comes stock with a radiator and fan just ahead of the right footwell.
Also make sure they put the updated rear shock in it with the two reservoirs on it.

If you trail ride you will love it.
We/ I have over 20 k miles on Vectors and we (family and friends) love it. Only need to change skis if you ride off trail in the deep snow. In Mn I never do so I love them stock.

Thanks , I’m pretty excited that I found a new 2016 and I drove my friends last year and he has power steering and it drives like a car it’s unbelievable. I’m a bit primitive and do like my vk540 but it would be nice if I ride with my friends on occasion to be able to keep up . And I think my wife would prefer it to the utility sled . I didn’t realize that the 2016 had a radiator and fan . Honestly I thought they all did until the other day but I’m happy to hear that this one does .

it is fine if she runs over 18 mph as it is the exh that needs the cooling more than the rad as even with the running boards packed full of snow doing less than 10 mph it will still heat up. when running that slow now i occasionally go off trail and crack it to cool the exh and coolers. if i am the sled in the front breaking the trail, 10 mph is ok as there is more snow thrown up but the stock clutching is hard on the belt at less than 18 mph without clutch work based off of how my brothers 13 venture and my 11 apex xtx act.

You and she will love it coming from Vk540 it will be a Japanese Cadillac OK a Lexus on trail for you

Back